FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to keep keybindings when moving to a new PC

Moderator: MiRai

<<

isbsage

Post Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:11 am

How to keep keybindings when moving to a new PC

Hey,
I'm currently playing WoW Classic and I'd really like to keep all the isboxer keybindings from the current PC to the new one. I would really appreciate if I didn't had to set up from 0 all those keybindings ( I mean the Isboxer ones, not the WoW ingame ones ). If I just save the isboxer configuration file and import it on the other PC, it won't work as WoW doesn't even have the installation path, so I can't even get it start the game instances, let alone keep the keybindings.

So, how exactly do you move from one pc to another and keep the isboxer keybindings ( not the default ones, but rather the ones you created ofc ) ?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:27 pm

Re: How to keep keybindings when moving to a new PC

Use the File -> Save As menu item. Save the profile, copy it, open on new PC.

Now, if the Game/Game Profile in InnerSpace is named differently on this new PC (the path is not relevant to ISBoxer, just the InnerSpace game/profile), then you will need to select each character in the top left of the toolkit and set the new Game/Game profile values in the drop down. This normally only applies to people who have had to use the Add Game menu item in InnerSpace to setup their games due to non-auto detection that InnerSpace usually does.

If you have custom save positions for clickbars/menus or VideoFX that was built using the in game ISBoxer GUI, then you will also want to save the XML files in the InnerSpace\Scripts folder, and copy them across to the new InnerSpace\scripts folder.

You will probably need to generate a new Window Layout too, regardless of whether you use the same monitor, or if the new monitor is the same resolution (if it is not the same resolution then the saved positions of items from the piece above will be less useful, but you may still want the VideoFX items).

Most of this is all covered in http://isboxer.com/wiki/FAQ#I_upgraded_ ... uration.3F

Return to Key Maps