FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hard time caring for all keys

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sisyphus

Post Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:27 am

Hard time caring for all keys

Hey there. I have probably about 30 hours over the last month in learning and building my profile. I’m having a hard time figuring out how to really manage all my needed keys -without- doing things on other characters. Few examples:
1. -not- doing AoE dps abilities while controlling my tank
2. Clique healing (e.g. keys 5-0 Heal using repeaters but then also activate abilities 5-0 on others)
3. I started trying to lay this out in the table below to visualize how many unique wow keys I have that I then put throw a system like: macro to condense keys, turn some into click bars, figure out how to heal with keys without activating abilities on window-current tank master

Does anyone have examples of how they manage their 5 player unique class teams? It just doesn’t seem to be going well and is getting disheartening.

Warrior (1) WoW Keybind
Combat
Taunt 1
Cleave 2
Charge 3
Shield Bash 4
Auto 5
Heroic Strike 6
Thunderclap 7
Demoralizing Shout 8
Sunder 9
Conditional
Stance1 S1
Stance2 S2
Stance 3 S3
Shield Wall S4
Last Stand S5
AoE Taunt S6
Mage (2)
Single Target DPS
Frost Bolt
?
AoE
Blizzard
Cone of Cold
Frost Nova
Arcane Explosion
Conditional
Ice Block
(Buff) Arcane Intellect
Conjure Food
Conjure Drink
Polymorph
Counterspell
Evocation
(Buff-Self) Ice Armor
Warlock (1)
Single Target DPS
Immolation
Curse of Agony
Corruption
Shadow Bolt
Pet Attack
AoE
Hellfire
Rain of Fire
Conditional
Soulstone (create)
Soulstone (apply)
Summon Player
Siphon Life
Fear
(Buff-Self) Demon Armor
Summon Pet
Drain Soul
(Buff) Underwater Breathing
Priest (1)
Heal
Lesser Heal
Heal
Power Word: Shield
(AoE Heal) Prayer of Healing
Renew
Cure Disease
Flash Heal

Conditional
Fade
(Buff) Power Word: Fortitude
(Buff) Inner Fire
Desperate Prayer
Fear Ward
Resurrection

Shared
Eat
Drink
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:11 pm

Re: Hard time caring for all keys

Like you mentioned, using castsequence macros and tying basic, non-critical abilities (like buffs) to Click Bars is going to be a start when looking to consolidate everything that needs to be handled as a multiboxer. Sometimes, though, players are simply held back by the amount of physical buttons they have available, so it may be worth looking into a keyboard with additional macro keys or a mouse with a lot of buttons to help further consolidate things. For example, if you have 12 configurable buttons on your mouse, just simply adding in the three standalone modifiers increases that number to 48. Multiboxing, as a playstyle, can easily force you to become an even better, more flexible player than if you only ever played the game on one character.

Return to Key Maps