FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Ctrl/Shift/Alt sent automatically?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Wizeowel

Post Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:57 am

Ctrl/Shift/Alt sent automatically?

Hi there

Issue: Ctrl/Shift/Alt seem to be sent to all slots implicitly.
Question: is it by design? can I avoid this?

For example, in WoW I have actionbutton 3 bound on my Priest to macro /cast [@mouseover] Flash Heal and on my Monk to /cast [@mouseover] Vivify. In my Combat keymap I made "Heal" press/release that does step 1: sync cursor to all and step 2: do virtual keymap "Heal". In Priest and Monk specific keymaps "Heal" does on release send keystroke '3' to self.

This worked fine, but I don't always want my Monk to offspec heal, so I tried to split the action. 3 "Direct Heal" | alt-3 "Offspec Heal" | ctrl-3 "Direct + Offspec Heal". All key maps should send only key "3" to Priest and/or Monk slots depending on modifier. However, the Alt or Ctrl key seems to be sent as well. This is unfortunate because on those characters I also have in-game binds for Alt-3 and Ctrl-3 that I want to use. To be clear: "Offspec Heal" only works if I press Alt, then 3, then let go Alt before letting go of 3. If I unbind Alt-3 in game on my Monk then it does work as intended. Also note that it does seem to work as (I) expected with non-macro keybinds. So clearly there may be something about this being a macro actionbutton which causes this behaviour?

So is there a way I can unsend the modifier key in the Priest and Monk specific keystroke step? Or send a keyup? Or are Ctrl/Shift/Alt always sent to all slots regardless?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:06 am

Re: Ctrl/Shift/Alt sent automatically?

Modifiers are only sent, if that is part of the Keystroke Actions you are sending. Hotkeys are not sent to the game.
If you happen to have the HOLD option on a mapped key, then it does mean that all the actions for a given target will receive the modifiers regardless of whether that particular action has a modifier or not, but only if you use a modifier on a different action in the same mapped key, which is also going to the same target.

However, all that said, if you want someone to have a look to see if it is he configuration, then share your config.
<<

Wizeowel

Post Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:43 am

Thanks for your reply bob

There is no HOLD on mapped key 3 / Alt-3 / Ctrl-3.

If you could have a look, that would be great :)

My config ybin.me/p/e6ae381f6490679f#hiOStUApvWiDx8NeDdBIvFIM1de7U9CkTAWn/AUMnsI=
Edit! Found a mistake, repasted config https://ybin.me/p/0c81a194f85e7980#x2altkxzOVFeHcm5z1lUTCgHn48MdlrPUaTImze9fDs=

Note: both characters have in-game binds for Ctrl-3 and Alt-3; both characters' actionbars have their heal macro bound to 3; the area that I am mousing over is more-or-less standard Grid2 unitframe.

There is a repeater region over the whole Grid2 area which doesn't (shouldn't) send any mouse or keys, I only use it for calling a toggle "Healer Shift". If there is another way to make such a region based toggle I would be interested in hearing it.
Code:
<Setting Name="element630" BlockLocal="FALSE" X="1681" Y="1409" Width="479" Height="70" keymap="ISB42 - Toggles" mappedkey="Healer Shift" regionname="Grid2 Overlay">all other</Setting>

But I'm pretty sure I tested without this region last night. I just include for completeness.
Last edited by Wizeowel on Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Wizeowel

Post Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:07 am

I also found ISBoxerToolkit.RepeaterSettings.XML containing mentions of ALT and CTRL. Is this relevant?

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<InnerSpaceSettings xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <Set Name="Default" />
  <Set Name="679810ECBE66A5A954E65B98CF6C1F01">
    <Setting Name="1" />
    <Setting Name="2" />
    <Setting Name="3" />
    <Setting Name="4" />
    <Setting Name="ALT" />
    <Setting Name="CTRL" />
    <Setting Name="NUM 1" />
    <Setting Name="NUM 2" />
    <Setting Name="NUM 3" />
    <Setting Name="NUM 4" />
    <Setting Name="RIGHT ALT" />
    <Setting Name="Right Ctrl" />
    <Setting Name="RIGHT SHIFT" />
    <Setting Name="SHIFT" />
  </Set>
</InnerSpaceSettings>
<<

Wizeowel

Post Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:53 am

Actually, I think it is the repeater region. I just deleted it and the problem went away.

So is there another way to call a toggle Key Map when entering/leaving a specific region of the screen? Or is there a way to prevent the repeater region from sending any keys or anything?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:17 pm

So.

Presumably you are putting your mouse cursor, into a Repeater Region, which by its very nature repeats things, and then you are pressing ALT+3/CTRL+3/or just plain 3. And then wondering why stuff is repeated to all clients?

Yes, the hotkeys should be picked up by ISBoxer, but because you are in a repeater region, and the fact that in order to press modifiers + keys, you tend to press the modifier key first, which is not set as a hotkey, then that will toggle the state of the key in all the windows being repeated to, and then when you press the 3, it picks up a hotkey in ISBoxer, which it then sends through the expected channels to the game, however the repeater region is also sending the modifier to the game.

There are 3 solutions.
  1. Use Variable Keystroke Actions rather than Keystroke Actions - this is because they are handled slightly differently to Keystroke Actions in ISBoxer, and it specifically disables the modifiers from the broadcasting via the repeater region being appended to the keystroke being sent.
  2. Use Named World of Warcraft Macro Actions (and appropriate macros in the Game Helpers section of the toolkit), for the same reason as 1.
  3. Use a clickbar instead of the repeater region, and use the mouseover option for that to fire your toggle. If you actually want it repeat other things in this particular region, set up the appropriate buttons and mapped keys necessary to trigger whatever the clickbar is over.
<<

Wizeowel

Post Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:41 pm

bob wrote:And then wondering why stuff is repeated to all clients?

Yes, I mistook the setting in Repeater Profiles | Default | "Key repeat enabled". I had it unchecked and presumed that by default keys would therefore not repeat in repeater regions. My bad, but thanks for the snark :D

bob wrote:[*]Use a clickbar instead of the repeater region, and use the mouseover option for that to fire your toggle.

Yep, this was the solution, and in fact works more reliably than the mouse enter/exit of the repeater region. With the repeater region, the step of the key map would occasionally get unsynced when switching between characters. With the clickbar it's rock solid and I can do now do awesomeness auto switching between Atonement DPS to Direct healing just by moving mouse into the Grid2 area.

https://youtu.be/7Wfi-OgSiac

Return to Key Maps