FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Autofollow not working with cascading keymap changes

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Fippy

Post Fri May 25, 2018 8:40 pm

Autofollow not working with cascading keymap changes

Config: https://pastebin.com/Qu8M9fX0

As discussed in another thread, I recently replaced menus with cascading keymaps in order to improve behavior. The lack of "hold" vs "press or release" on the menus was causing me some trouble.

The new menus work fine, except that autofollow is a beast. Oddly enough, "assist" works great.
The big difference is in the "199 General Hotkeys" where Assist me is blank (remapped via virtualization action to character-specific mapped key). And follow has two steps.
Assist is therefore set to activate on "release", and follow on "pressed or released".

I'll continue to poke at this, but if anyone sees where I'm going off of the rails, I would appreciate it very much to hear of it.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon May 28, 2018 5:28 pm

Re: Autofollow not working with cascading keymap changes

I haven't looked at the profile as of yet, but my initial thought is that if you are doing "press OR release" for follow, then you will be wanting the Target Me for the step 1 of the Follow to function on Press, so you should set it to be so.
<<

Fippy

Post Tue May 29, 2018 7:11 pm

Re: Autofollow not working with cascading keymap changes

I'm not sure about the profile I linked above, but my current profile has "Target Me" set to function on press. This was to support target change via a clickbar (or a set of buttons placed on top of Video FX listeners).

I have found that top level mapped keys work better if set to "hold" and then deferring "press or release" until the lower/lowest levels.

Autofollow works, but I usually need to hit the key multiple times

Return to Key Maps