FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I assist when not wanting to

Moderator: MiRai

<<

borgar69

Post Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:58 pm

I assist when not wanting to

I used the quick setup wizard to make a hunter/shammy team. I am using the click bar. when I click on a button both accounts work. Alt F/A work as intended.

My issue is I made a /tar pet macro. I push the button and the shammy targets the pet. But when I go to cast a spell it targets whatever the hunter is targeting.

I am at a lose.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:04 pm

Re: I assist when not wanting to

If your spell happens to be on a hotkey of 1 to =, the default setup will Assist and Broadcast that key.
If it is on a mapped key you made, then you probably chose the Assist + Broadcast option when you created it.

In either case it can be fixed. How depends on a number of factors.
If you are using the overlay menu (the green boxes), then the Assist + Broadcast is tied to the Button Set that the menu is using. You can change the Menu button set by selecting Menu -> Standard in the top left. In the lower left, making sure that Standard is selected at the top, then on the right you should have a drop down for the Button Set. You can change this to Standard Broadcast. Note, this will change the behaviour of all the buttons in the Menu and all the hotkey associated with them (1 to =).

If you are not using the overlay menu, and it is still on the 1 to =, then it will be a mapped key in Key Maps -> Combat. You can select this in the top left. In the lower left, find the appropriate mapped key and expand it out, and select Step -> 1. In the lower right, you should now see the Actions. Select the "Do Mapped Key 'Assist Me' in Non-Combat Key Map" line, and press the DEL key.

If it is on a custom mapped key, then it will be in one of the Key Maps. Have a look through, until you find it, and then the process is much the same as just above.

Return to Key Maps