FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

IWT and attack in 1 keypress.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ellrond2

Post Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:54 pm

IWT and attack in 1 keypress.

Hello. just a question. my friend and i disagree in eiter this is leagal or not under blizzards TOS. (world of Warcraft)

what do you guys think?

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:21 am

Re: IWT and attack in 1 keypress.

I'm pretty sure I've had this discussion before, but maybe that was IRC.

The TOS say, in a roundabout way, that if you can set it up using the in game supplied features, whether using the supplied extension interface (LUA), or the inbuilt macro system, or the UI, as long as you do not introduce features that are not part of the supplied game, then it is not considered against the rules.

So...

1. There is not much difference between you setting up an in game macro of some kind to do the same thing.

2. Even if they were on different keys, you could palm all the keys together at the same time, and the game would just deal with the input. This is exactly what ISBoxer is doing. All the commands are sent to the game as though you palmed a bunch of keys all at the same time, there is no delay between the actions in ISBoxer. Some games will reject/drop input when you do that, others wont (or at least they will accept more than one keystroke of input at a time).

3. Yes you have presented a bunch of functions off the same hotkey, but, you can do the same thing in the game. You can setup multiple macros, all with the same keybind, and they will all execute when you press the one hotkey.

BUT, if you want a definitive yes/no black/white answer, this is not the place for it. No one here, that I know of, can officially answer any Blizzard TOS/EULA questions, and even of they could, this is not an officially sanctioned forum for such an answer to be written.

p.s. I see you've also asked the same thing on dual-boxing.com and are getting answers from there too. They are probably better than my answers.

Return to Key Maps