FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Master Keys and "Sub" keys?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Finney

Post Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:07 pm

Master Keys and "Sub" keys?

I've been using this software for a few years now and don't know that I've ever noticed this (basic) behavior. This is probably answered already somewhere, but I couldn't find anything.

Say I have a two spell rotations, and for whatever reason, there are groups of certain spells that I want to fire in the same sequence, and the spell groups are common to both rotations. So what I want to do is this:

Mapped Key Aoe Spell rotation (Hotkey: Ctrl+1):
1. Spell Hurt Lots of Bad guys
2. Spell Dot Lots of Bad guys
3. Do Put buffs on a Good guy in This Key Map
4. Do Put debuffs on a Bad guy in This Key Map
5. Spell Do this spell cuz everything else is on cooldown

Mapped Key Put buffs on a Good guy in This Key Map:
1. Spell buff 1
2. Spell buff 2
3. Spell buff 3

Mapped Key Put debuffs on a Bad guy in This Key Map:
1. Spell debuff 1
2. Spell debuff 2
3. Spell debuff 3

So, if I spam Ctrl+1, this is the sequence that comes out:

Code:
Spell Hurt Lots of Bad guys ->
Spell Dot Lots of Bad guys ->
Spell buff 1 ->
Spell debuff 1 ->
Spell Do this spell cuz everything else is on cooldown ->

Spell buff 2 ->
Spell debuff 2 ->
Spell Do this spell cuz everything else is on cooldown ->

Spell buff 3 ->
Spell debuff 3 ->
Spell Do this spell cuz everything else is on cooldown

What I'm after is this:
Code:
Spell buff 1 ->
Spell buff 2 ->
Spell buff 3 ->
Spell debuff 1 ->
Spell debuff 2 ->
Spell debuff 3 ->
Spell Do this spell cuz everything else is on cooldown

So the "master" key calls the "sub" key and it returns after only one step (and increments its internal counter). I want it to do all its steps before it returns. Anyone know of a way to force that behavior?

(And sure, I could just copy the steps from the subkeys into each master key, but besides being a bit more easy to maintain, this also lets me track all the cooldowns in one mapped key.)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:19 pm

Re: Master Keys and "Sub" keys?

Not without a bunch of complicated stuff.

Options that come to mind are.
  1. Put all the steps in 1 mapped key, although you have already mentioned this.
  2. Have your Master mapped key call a Do Mapped Key Action as many times as you have steps in the sub mapped key.
  3. You "could" in your sub mapped keys, put, in each step of the sub mapped key, except the last one, a Mapped Key Step Action, and force set the active step in the Master mapped key, back one step so when it moves it's pointer to the next step, it will be back to the same step calling the sub mapped key (no idea if this will work, especially if you use the sub mapped keys in two different master mapped keys, might give you unexpected results when it comes to using the "other" master rotation - You could probably get around that by a few other options, like virtualisation of the step modification, but its starting to get complicated...).
  4. Do something funky with virtualisation, like create yourself a new master mapped key, and use virtualisation to swap in the execution of appropriate sub mapped keys as needed. I think for this to work you'd need the virtualisation chain to actually do the swapping in as needed, and the sub mapped keys would cancel the virtualisation when they get to the end of their steps. I don't have solid "this will work fantastically" plan with this idea, but it seemed good to throw it in there.
<<

Finney

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:19 pm

bob wrote:You "could" in your sub mapped keys, put, in each step of the sub mapped key, except the last one, a Mapped Key Step Action, and force set the active step in the Master mapped key, back one step so when it moves it's pointer to the next step, it will be back to the same step calling the sub mapped key (no idea if this will work, especially if you use the sub mapped keys in two different master mapped keys, might give you unexpected results when it comes to using the "other" master rotation...

Ah, this could work. The "Mapped Key Step Action" action allows a timer. What I could do is put in a delayed action that resets the active step on the master keys to step 1 after say 10 seconds (I would keep resetting that timer as the subkeys steps got hit). Something to play with. Thanks!
<<

Finney

Post Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:56 pm

In case anyone else ever wants to do this for some reason:

After playing around with it, I realized there is a simpler way. Just set the step in the "master" key to "Do not advance to the next step." Then, in the last step of the subkey, add a new Mapped Key Step Action and increment the current step in the master key.

To keep it all clean, in the step following the step in question, you can also add an action to set the step of any other master keys that use these subkeys to step 1, so they are always clean to start.

So in my example:

Mapped Key Aoe Spell rotation (Hotkey: Ctrl+1):
1. Spell Hurt Lots of Bad guys
2. Spell Dot Lots of Bad guys
3. Do Put buffs on a Good guy in This Key Map <- Set this step to "Do not advance to the next step..."
4. Do Put debuffs on a Bad guy in This Key Map <- Set this step to "Do not advance to the next step..."
5. Spell Do this spell cuz everything else is on cooldown <- add, for example, Single Target Spell rotation in This Key Map Set 1 -> self

Mapped Key Put buffs on a Good guy in This Key Map:
1. Spell buff 1
2. Spell buff 2
3. Spell buff 3 <- add Aoe Spell rotation in This Key Map Add 1 -> self

Mapped Key Put debuffs on a Bad guy in This Key Map:
1. Spell debuff 1
2. Spell debuff 2
3. Spell debuff 3 <- add Aoe Spell rotation in This Key Map Add 1 -> self

Return to Key Maps