FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

another round robin question

Moderator: MiRai

<<

redomegared

Post Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:23 am

another round robin question

How can i get my round robin to work. Its working for 1 button (7) but when i click 9, it does it on all chars.
Ive followed Mirai's 101 keymap guide, but it just wont work. Now ive probably messed it up because every keymap i saw 7 and 9 i now made round robin, but to no avail.

my pastebin is here http://pastebin.com/SpwngLAC

thanks in advance :)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:29 am

Re: another round robin question

The answer is in this message which pops up when I look at the Action under Combat Hotkeys -> Interrupt Spell.
target message.png
target message.png (30.94 KiB) Viewed 11898 times

This is telling you that you have a key which is sending to ALL windows (Window: All w/Current), and that in turns sends to another mapped key which is sending to ALL windows.

So each time you press the hot key, then every window triggers the next mapped key down the chain, but on every window (because it is a chain), so when we get to the end, where the 9 is sent to each game client, the keypress happens 5 times in every window because it received a message from every other window to execute it.

When setting up the PRO config you usually set your Hotkeys and any special setting are normally in Combat Hotkeys. The target up at this level is usually "all" (Window: w/Current) or an ATG. Later steps (or lack of configuration) may mean a character class does not execute anything. Most of yours are set to send to "self" (Window: Current) at the top level. These should be "all" instead.

Virtual Combat normally has Mapped Keys with no config, only an empty step, this is because the Virtualisation will replace the Mapped Key in Virtual Combat with another mapped key, where those mapped keys have the same NAME, so Virtual Combat -> 9 will be replaced with Brewmaster Monk -> 9 for the Bewsleory character. If you set any actions in Virtual Combat mapped keys, then it may still be executed if the lower level does not override it (i.e. does not exist); this depends on how the Virtualisation is set. In short, don't set any actions in the Virtual Combat mapped keys unless you know what you are doing.

The end of the chain, the class key maps, where the key combination that is sent to the game is configured, these should all be set to send to "self" (Window:Current). This is where your mistake is. You are trying to send to "all".

So when you press 9, the following happens:
  1. Combat Hotkeys -> Interrupt 9, runs Virtual Combat 9 on all windows round robin.
  2. Virtual Combat -> 9 is replaced by Class Specific mapped keys (although if a character class didn't have a 9 mapped key it would run the Virtual Combat version of 9 goes to all windows Round Robin)
  3. Brewmaster Monk -> 9, sends key 9 to all windows Round Robin
    Windwalker Monk -> 9, sends key 9 to all windows Round Robin
    Mistweaver Monk -> 9, sends key 9 to all windows Round Robin
You'd think that all of the round robin tick boxes you've set would take care of it, but I imagine it is getting very confused along the way and the result is that each window is starting with itself in the round robin stakes, so when you press the hotkey each window is causing a different window to execute.

Also as a final note, on your Combat Hotkey -> Interrupt Spell, you have set a condition on the action of "Only do if the "9" key is pressed". This is unnecessary as the 9 key is already required to be pressed in order for the Mapped key to execute by nature of 9 being your hotkey.

TL;DR; I'm not sure I explained this all as well it should be, suffice to say, the targets in the mapped key chain are configured incorrectly and once you get your head around why, you will be away.
To fix
1. Remove all actions from all the mapped keys in Virtual Combat.
2. Set all the targets for mapped keys in the Class specific key maps to be "self" (Window:Current) and untick Round Robin
<<

redomegared

Post Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:22 am

Thanks for the reply, ive now messed up everything and also 7 wouldnt do round robin anymore, so i started from scratch. But it still wont work even with the simplest of settings.

I added 1 through = under combat key maps. Under 7 i made 5 steps for each of my chars. In each step i selected the next char in line to cast the spell i want, but they still all cast it
<<

bob

Post Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:24 am

bob wrote:TL;DR; I'm not sure I explained this all as well it should be, suffice to say, the targets in the mapped key chain are configured incorrectly and once you get your head around why, you will be away.
To fix
1. Remove all actions from all the mapped keys in Virtual Combat.
2. Set all the targets for mapped keys in the Class specific key maps to be "self" (Window:Current) and untick Round Robin
<<

redomegared

Post Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:19 pm

Ive read all you said, but i started all over from scratch so have no more class specific key maps.
Ive done what Mirai said in his video, selected one step under one button (in this case 7) and put the step on All w/Current and selected round robin.
Pastebin here http://pastebin.com/xxacBpJe didnt work

Then i made 3 steps under it (also as Mirai suggested) for 4 of my characters. This time round robin is turned off and also this didnt work
Pastebin here http://pastebin.com/hjcw7qfh

and now also not all my game clients start up anymore.../fixed, reset my isboxer again
and click to move is suddenly turned on again in wow.../fixed, was an isboxer setting
Last edited by redomegared on Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

bob

Post Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:03 pm

redomegared wrote:Ive read all you said, but i started all over from scratch so have no more class specific key maps.
Ive done what Mirai said in his video, selected one step under one button (in this case 7) and put the step on All w/Current and selected round robin.

This should have worked, unless you are launching your character set in an odd way.

redomegared wrote:Then i made 3 steps under it (also as Mirai suggested) for 4 of my characters. This time round robin is turned off and also this didnt work

You've set the mapped key to execute on "pressed OR released", so it will execute 2 steps each cycle. Step 1 when you press the 7 key down, and Step 2 when you let go of the 7 key, then Step 3 when you press the 7 key down and Step 4 when you let it go, then on next cycle back to step 1/2 etc.
Also, normally you'd set the actions to target a Slot rather than a specific character, otherwise this mapped key it is not particularly useful when you end up creating a second character set.

redomegared wrote:and click to move is suddenly turned on again in wow...

No idea why. There is nothing obvious in the profiles
<<

redomegared

Post Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:27 pm

bob wrote:You've set the mapped key to execute on "pressed OR released", so it will execute 2 steps each cycle.

thats because i was trying out if this would do the trick, it didnt, nor did pressed, neither did released.

Anyway, thanks for the help, ive fixed some of the things now...except the round robin stuff. And im using the innerspace launcher, so nothing odd about that

by the way, ive also made round robin key maps (with the keymap wizard), but that didnt fix it either
Last edited by redomegared on Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

bob

Post Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:34 pm

redomegared wrote:And im using the innerspace launcher, so nothing odd about that

Correct; if you are using the "ISBoxer Character Sets" submenu to launch your set, then it should have worked correctly.

Perhaps you should jump into the IRC and see if you can get some immediate interaction going.

EDIT:
WHOOPS
What I missed, in all profiles, is that you also have the Standard menu assigned to your character set, so you have the "Green Boxes" overlay bar. This also uses Hotkeys 1 to =, and by default it broadcasts to ALL characters so you effectively had two different things both running off the same Hotkey, and both were doing broadcasting, although 1 was to all windows, and the other was round robin.

So, if you are going to create your own 1 to = mapped keys, then in the Wizard do not select the "transparent overlay" option, select the "invisible" option, and then it will create the mapped keys for you, or Untick the option that creates these mapped keys or overlay bar!
mmo std.png
mmo std.png (4.76 KiB) Viewed 11853 times

So now that you have it, remove the Standard menu from your character set!, and your created mapped keys would work.
<<

redomegared

Post Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:01 am

thank you so much bob...i havent been able to play anymore, but will change this as soon as i can :)

Return to Key Maps