FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

"could not parse key combination" - Error on every key map?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Lanogas

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:15 am

"could not parse key combination" - Error on every key map?

Something went wonky with my entire ISBoxer config yesterday after Innerspace patched. Today, no key map is working, the console just spits out "could not parse key combination" for some reason.

I even tried clearing my config and redid one menu with a "/camp desktop" command linked to a button to camp all characters at once. But again, console spat "could not parse key combination" at me. I have no idea what's wrong, everything worked fine until it patched yesterday. :(

Here's my XML file.
<<

Lanogas

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:27 am

"could not parse key combination" - Trying to parse paste

Tried to make the command a key string and using a sequence of "keystroke enter + keystroke ctrl v + keystroke enter" to paste. Same result.

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:32 am

Re: "could not parse key combination" - Error on every key map?

Are you using the development build?

Also you edited your profile xml and made it invalid (line 446 is missing a < )
<<

Lanogas

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:37 am

bob wrote: Also you edited your profile xml and made it invalid (line 446 is missing a < )

Sorry, yes. I deleted my character's names and apparently deleted a character too much. My apologies if that made something more difficult. That was not my intention.

bob wrote: Are you using the development build?

Erm. I have no idea. Perhaps? A friend of mine helped me with another issue a while back and changed something somewhere. No idea where or how.

How do I see if it is a development build and how do I revert it from development if that is the case?
<<

bob

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:42 am

Right click the Innerspace Icon, select Patcher. In the window does the "Download development (test) patches" have the red button? If so, click it, Close down innerspace (right click, Exit), restart Innerspace and it should downgrade itself back to v1.13 Build 6030.

Also, you can use Keystring Actions for your mapped keys.
i.e.
KeyStroke Action / -> to self
KeyString Action "CAMP DESKTOP" -> self
KeyStroke Action Enter -> self

Saves much clicky. But if what you've got works, then I guess no point changing it :)
<<

Lanogas

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:58 am

bob wrote:Right click the Innerspace Icon, select Patcher. In the window does the "Download development (test) patches" have the red button? If so, click it, Close down innerspace (right click, Exit), restart Innerspace and it should downgrade itself back to v1.13 Build 6030.

Done. I had the development patch but now it's downgraded.

However, the issue remains - It seems it cannot pass any keystrokes whatsoever to everquest. One thing I did notice tho is that when I tab into everquest, my windows changes the language and the keyboard layout from English to Swedish. That is my strong hunch about what is causing the issues. I have no idea what caused it and how to fix it though. But I'm guessing it's time to go fiddle with the language settings a bit. :)
<<

Lanogas

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:08 am

Lanogas wrote: One thing I did notice tho is that when I tab into everquest, my windows changes the language and the keyboard layout from English to Swedish. That is my strong hunch about what is causing the issues. I have no idea what caused it and how to fix it though. But I'm guessing it's time to go fiddle with the language settings a bit. :)

Yep. That was it. Apparently, my windows changed the input language every time I pressed left alt and shift, which is ALL THE TIME. lol.

Well, issue resolved. Seems it was nothing worse then an ID-10T error.
<<

firescue17

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:14 am

bob wrote:Right click the Innerspace Icon, select Patcher. In the window does the "Download development (test) patches" have the red button? If so, click it, Close down innerspace (right click, Exit), restart Innerspace and it should downgrade itself back to v1.13 Build 6030.

Also, you can use Keystring Actions for your mapped keys.
i.e.
KeyStroke Action / -> to self
KeyString Action "CAMP DESKTOP" -> self
KeyStroke Action Enter -> self

Saves much clicky. But if what you've got works, then I guess no point changing it :)

Not to derail the thread, but Key String Actions don't work in EQ without pasting from the clipboard.
<<

bob

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:17 am

firescue17 wrote:Not to derail the thread, but Key String Actions don't work in EQ without pasting from the clipboard.

Good to know. I de-railed it initially :)

Return to Key Maps