FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Question about Mapped Key Wizard

Moderator: MiRai

<<

shaladaa

Post Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:08 am

Question about Mapped Key Wizard

Hello,

I just have a general question regarding the mapped key wizard.

Straight Key Broadcast- Broadcast keys to all windows
Assist and Broadcast- Broadcast keys to all windows while giving an assist command?

Lets say i have my wow accounts 1-= working perfectly fine. If i wanted to bind lets say....."CTRL+1" to work on all windows as an attack, I would put it as Assist and Broadcast, correct?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:29 am

Re: Question about Mapped Key Wizard

Lets say i have my wow accounts 1-= working perfectly fine. If i wanted to bind lets say....."CTRL+1" to work on all windows as an attack, I would put it as Assist and Broadcast, correct?

That depends entirely on whether you want CTRL+1 to assist or not. That's why you have the choice. There's no right answer for us to tell you, you really have to just decide "oh I don't need that to auto-assist because I start with __________ ability and that already auto-assists" or "I really do need this ability to auto-assist because Ctrl+1 casts ______________ and I'm going to want to just target something and press this key and hope it works".

Personally, I don't put auto-assist on everything, I just have a convenient assist Hotkey instead.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:35 am

Re: Question about Mapped Key Wizard

lax wrote:Personally, I don't put auto-assist on everything, I just have a convenient assist Hotkey instead.

I second that. There is nothing more annoying that having your healer target a party member, to heal, but then they retarget to a mob because you have auto assist on everything and so your party member doesn't get healed and dies.

Return to Key Maps