FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mapped Keys Only Work on Chars in Active Window

Moderator: MiRai

<<

soleilnu

Post Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:43 pm

Mapped Keys Only Work on Chars in Active Window

I've decided I want to get real good at ISBoxer and I was actually doing pretty good this weekend until I ran into this brick wall. Man, I just can't seem to break through it.

Ok, so I tried perhaps a half dozen ways to send the same command to three out of my four characters. When I read about Action Target Groups, I decided this was the perfect thing for the job. Unfortunately, whatever I try seems to give me the same result - the key sequence works on the character in the active window, but on no other. What I really want is essentially the opposite - I'll be invoking most of these commands from a character for whom I don't want any key effect, but I do want it to influence the other three.

What really has me at a dead stop is that the debugger seems to show that the key sequences are passed correctly to the other characters. Go figure, but it doesn't translate into the desired action on those characters anyway, despite a correct keypass being indicated by the debugger.

Here's my Toolkit: http://privatepaste.com/813700d730

Is it something simple? Something tells me that it is. One other detail - rather than a straight key broadcast from my Logitech G15, my first choice would be that the key sequence be translated through ISBoxer instead.
<<

soleilnu

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:03 pm

Re: Mapped Keys Only Work on Chars in Active Window

I've been working on this a lot, and my fundamental design has evolved. I'm now pursuing solutions involving dxnothing and video fx. No need to reply to the above - I've moved on to updated design schemes - thx.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:18 pm

Just so you know, the Mining Key Maps are never turned on.

You've got them set to Start Disabled, presumably so they would not be active when you started up your character set.

When you add new Key Maps groups, especially the ones with Hotkeys, you should add those groups to the Activate Maps mapped key under the Always On group, as detailed here... http://isboxer.com/wiki/FAQ#I_added_a_n ... able_it.3F
<<

soleilnu

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:58 pm

Thank you. I saw that switch, but I interpreted it's functionality differently. Much appreciated - I'll try it.

Return to Key Maps