FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] mouse button 5 used for shift in wow

Moderator: MiRai

<<

peterhood

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:19 am

mouse button 5 used for shift in wow

i have a microsoft trackball explorer,been boxing wow for years now with keyclone,my trackball button 5 is set as the shift button ,and all the top wow action bars are set as shift 1 to = in wow keybindings,my problem is isboxer can use my trackball np but wont recognise that button 5 is shift,but can put it back as button 5,and use it as button 5 in isboxer ofc,but i want it to use it as tho i am pessing shift on the keyboard,as have sorted the shift 1 to = in isboxer np just cant get the button 5 thing to work as shift any help much appreciated,would love to use isboxer,seems realy cool,has lots i like about it,but this problem is a killer for me and won't resubscribe after the 3 months is up,if it cant be done but a real shame:(
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:44 am

Re: mouse button 5 used for shift in wow

http://isboxer.com/wiki/Input_Device

and the links at the bottom of that page should get you sorted.
<<

peterhood

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:37 am

Thanks for your reply Alge,been there b4 a few days ago, but went there again and read fully this time,downloaded the data collection tool,ran Lavish.ButtonTester.exe,and got no results,quote from data collection tool -
" If you hit a button and do not see anything happen, the device may be emulating a keyboard at the hardware level which means it either needs to be reconfigured, or it will not work natively with Inner Space."
dont think the trackbal explorer can be reconfigured,but if it can i don't know how, any help please.
But when i use buttontest.iss ,and use inner space Console and run button test,i do get button spam as in button1, 2, 3, 4, 5. so a bit confusing ?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:56 am

i have a microsoft trackball explorer,been boxing wow for years now with keyclone,my trackball button 5 is set as the shift button ,and all the top wow action bars are set as shift 1 to = in wow keybindings,my problem is isboxer can use my trackball np but wont recognise that button 5 is shift,but can put it back as button 5,and use it as button 5 in isboxer ofc,but i want it to use it as tho i am pessing shift on the keyboard,as have sorted the shift 1 to = in isboxer np just cant get the button 5 thing to work as shift any help much appreciated,would love to use isboxer,seems realy cool,has lots i like about it,but this problem is a killer for me and won't resubscribe after the 3 months is up,if it cant be done but a real shame:(

Well, this is almost certain to come across the wrong way, but it would really help to separate sentences with periods because the above is all one sentence and I have to try to figure out what you mean by it.

I don't think Alge's link is what you're looking for, except perhaps the part where you might run your mouse's software as Administrator. If your mouse's software is what maps mouse5 to shift, then it needs to run as Administrator to have an effect while ISBoxer or the game is active, because they will be running as Administrator (through IS, in the game's case).

But this isn't the only way to get what you're asking. I mean, it sounds like Mouse5 doesn't literally have to be shift in order to get what you want, you just want to hold it when you press 1 through =, and have those buttons pass Shift+(whatever) to the game, right?

Here's one way of doing this... set up two different Key Maps for 1 through =. One of them works by default and sends 1 through =, and one of them is off by default and sends Shift+1 through Shift+= (from the same Hotkeys, 1 through =). Then you set up a toggle between them; when you're holding Mouse5, it switches to the Key Map that sends Shift; when you let go of Mouse5, it switches back to the one that does not send Shift.

To set up the second Key Map, you can right click "FTL DPS Keys" and select "Make copy". Then go to the newly-copied Key Map and change it so that, while the Hotkeys stay 1, 2, 3, etc, it sends Shift+1 in Step 1 instead of just sending 1. Do that for each of DPS 1 through DPS =.

Then you just need the Key Map Toggler, which the Mapped Key Wizard can help you with. Put your toggler in, say, Control key map or at least something other than FTL DPS Key, and assign it to Mouse5. Set it up to Toggle when the Hotkey is "pressed OR released", and tell it to turn off FTL DPS Keys, and turn on your Copy. Add some popup text if you want a visual indicator, click Finish, and you've got the behavior you're asking for without Mouse5 literally being shift.
<<

peterhood

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:50 am

Thanks Lax
Thats exactly what i needed to know
Already had all the shift 1 to = sorted just needed the toggle idea,
All working as wanted now :)
Enormous thanks!
<<

peterhood

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:19 am

Since IS boxer 41 came out this method is no longer working any help would be greatly appreciated.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:23 am

peterhood wrote:Since IS boxer 41 came out this method is no longer working any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sorry, but this is exactly the same in ISBoxer 41 as it was in 40. We'll need to see your configuration to tell you why it's not working. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing
<<

peterhood

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:42 am

oops sorry didn't quite make it clear, I have been away for a year so might not of been change from 40 to 41 probably older and didn't notice what build it was sorry.
all my old teams still work fine,but if I creat a new team this method no longer works , and I have no reason why.
would like to clear out all old isboxer and start over , but this prevents that , would like some help to use the new method,
my old isboxer still had key maps called "FTL DPS Keys" ," General" and" Control".
But now the Key Maps are called..."Always On" "Combat" and "Non-Combat"
How do I rework my mouse button 5 shift toggle back into isboxer?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:50 am

"FTL DPS Keys" was replaced by the "Combat" Key Map. "Control" was replaced by the "Always On" Key Map. "General" was replaced by the "Non-combat" Key Map. Prior to 41, using the wizard to set up WoW used different names for the Key Maps than for every other game; they are now all the same.

Additionally, the Quick Setup Wizard uses the Standard Menu by default for 1 through =. If you want it to put them in the Combat Key Map instead, then go back through the wizard and change this opiton on the Hotkeys tab on the last page.

Beyond that, I still can't give you any specific instructions without seeing your configuration.

Return to Key Maps