FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tree of Savior, game crashes only when on inner space

Moderator: MiRai

<<

sickboyowned

Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:55 pm

Tree of Savior, game crashes only when on inner space

So, when I actually chose a character ingame and try to login, after the map loading phase is almost done, the game crashes. This never happens without the game going through inner space.

I'm currently trying to read the game's logs, but the game itself works properly without using inner space and isboxer. So I'm wondering if there are things I can do to provide better information to you guys so we can help eachother out.

Great software, great work. props.

Compatibility Diagnostics Report https://pastebin.com/i2mngVkx
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:37 am

Re: Tree of Savior, game crashes only when on inner space

So, the thing that concerns me is the Nexon Game Security (NGS). I've not seen that popup in a TOS diagnostic before, so might be new, and also limiting.

That said, the other things that stand out are the Steam Game Overlay. I'd disable that if you can.
Also Nvidia Share/Shadowplay. Disable that.

If it doesn't work after those two, we may need to confirm if the NGS is stopping it from working now.
<<

sickboyowned

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:12 am

Thanks for the pointers bob. One point that is interesting is that I dont get crashes all the time when using isboxer.

I never get those crashes with just the game running, but sometimes I can run isboxer with up to 5 boxes tested so far. I have tried it after a long day of programming without resetting the pc and after a fresh pc reset without actually disabling anything. Seems like an intermitent issue. Im aware that what im saying may make the situation more difficult to understand, but just trying to give away all the info.
<<

sickboyowned

Post Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:31 am

It seems like Tree of Savior is having the GameOverlayRenderer.dll thing loaded even when Steam Overlay is configured as disabled. Screenshots below.

I noticed that the GameOverlayRenderer.log is written to as the game crashes, so it seems like the overlay is trying to hook to the game. One point that is common is that the game always crashes when loading certain maps, so really busy maps get the game crashing, but only when running on isboxer. Another weird behavior is that when I have multiple tos clients open, if one of them crashes, another one will follow and crash too, even if it is a client that was open, loaded and working properly.

Trying to understand where to go from here.

https://pastebin.com/3R3mFQkL

https://imgur.com/a/QdlQGKD

So, still the same problem. Disabled steam overlay but the dll I mentioned still shows up as being loaded by the game, and I dont know what to do about that, and would need advice.

Disabled nvidia sharing. Can still try to provide my compatibility log and the .dmp files generated, if anyone would care to look at them.

My problem remains exactly the same as 1 week ago. I can connect sometimes, and sometimes I cant. It can be the first client I open, the second or the fifth. Theres like a 50% chance that it will just crash when actually entering the game after chosing a character. Doesnt matter if there are 90 people on the map or 5. Sometimes a client will login and work, and sometimes it will crash 20 times in a row when trying to log in.

Since I seem to have run out of things I can understand, I would appreciate if someone could take a look at the crash logs.

My configuration:
https://pastebin.com/EYRnrpRR
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:56 pm

There is a per game setting for the Overlay. Have you disabled it on the Game? i.e. right click the game in your library, select Properties, and untick the "Enable the Steam Overlay while in game" option. I'd probably also untick the Desktop Theatre option too.

/e ok, so the setting is actually global where you have set it. I'd probably try unticking the theatre thingy too as that appears not to be global.
<<

sickboyowned

Post Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:17 pm

bob wrote:There is a per game setting for the Overlay. Have you disabled it on the Game? i.e. right click the game in your library, select Properties, and untick the "Enable the Steam Overlay while in game" option. I'd probably also untick the Desktop Theatre option too.

/e ok, so the setting is actually global where you have set it. I'd probably try unticking the theatre thingy too as that appears not to be global.

I double checked the per game setting, and with it off and the theather thing off, the gameoverlayrenderer.dll from steam still hooks into the game.

https://pastebin.com/3Pd9DB8c

A lot of nvidia stuff loads, but the sharing thing doesnt load anymore. Im trying it with discord also off, even tho I dont use discord overlay ever

Return to Other