FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Trying to use ISBoxer with new/old game Astonia 3 on steam

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Helpmeplease

Post Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:08 pm

Trying to use ISBoxer with new/old game Astonia 3 on steam

I am trying to use this program to control two instances of the same game at once.

The game is older its called Astonia 3 Reborn it is available for free on STEAM marketplace.

The older client did not use Direct X but they updated it and it now runs with Direct X

When i start the game with Innerspace technical details are displayed in the top left corner, I am able to switch windows by hold CTRL+ALT+1/2 I am able to make the window smaller by hitting SHIFT+ALT+T or fullscreen by holding SHIFT+ALT+F

It is a point and click game with basic commands. it does not use WASD for steering you just click and the only spells are triggered by using ALT + 1-9.

I want to have both windows opened up but not on full screen. When I open the game client and select windowed the technical data from ISBoxer does not display in the corner of the game screen.

Right now my mouse repeater, and keyboard repeater does not work at all.

https://pastebin.com/ZniPahyn

I set it up with the quick wizard, I tried using Standard MMO, and now i was trying the default settings that you would use with Diablo III i forget what it was called, but its not working

If a more advanced user would be able to take the time to try the game and try to do it themselves I would really appreciate it, if not maybe try and point me in the right direction, but so far the only things that are working that i believe are features from ISBoxer are the ones I stated.

If you think you can help me let me know
Thank you
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:53 am

Re: Trying to use ISBoxer with new/old game Astonia 3 on steam

Helpmeplease wrote:When i start the game with Innerspace technical details are displayed in the top left corner

What "technical details" are you seeing? If you're seeing details such as system RAM and texture memory, then you are launching the default profile when you should be launching a Character Set.

Helpmeplease wrote:I am able to switch windows by hold CTRL+ALT+1/2 I am able to make the window smaller by hitting SHIFT+ALT+T or fullscreen by holding SHIFT+ALT+F

Again, most of what you're referring to here are commands specific to Inner Space, not ISBoxer (I'm also not sure where you even found those commands). It really sounds as if you aren't launching a Character Set, and instead are launching multiples of the default profile.

What you need to do is attempt to launch a Character Set and see if that works instead. However, it may not work since Steam games can be difficult to get working properly, and, ultimately, Lax may need to take a look at it.
<<

Helpmeplease

Post Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:20 pm

That is exactly what I’m doing launching default profile... i’m not sure where I found those functions I stumbled upon them by accident when I was just hitting random combinations of shift and alt To see if the program was working at all.

So after I created the game when I go to the game to launch it all I see is default profile there is no character set available to select how do I set a character sent directly to a game I created?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:45 pm

This stuff is covered, a lot, in the various videos on youtube (not specifically for your game though, but the process is pretty much the same for every game). It is also covered in the various WIKI guides (the generic guide seems appropriate here), which are linked on the ISboxer.com site under the Manual link in the top right, within the toolkit in the upper right quadrant, in the Help menu of the toolkit, and probably quite a few other places.

• You use the ISboxer toolkit to create a character set. Usually in the Quick Setup Wizard.
  • Then you use the File menu to Export to InnerSpace.
  • Then you right click the Inner Space icon, select ISBoxer Character Sets -> name of your set.

For steam games, it gets a little tricky. If it requires steam to be running all the time then you will be out of luck (you can test this by terminating steam while the game is loaded).
If it does not require steam to be running, then the fun part is, does it need steam to load it. It is preferable if it does not.
If it does require steam to load the game, then steam will need to be loaded by InnerSpace, you then load the game, and then you terminate steam.
If it does not require steam to actually load the game, that makes it much easier.

Relevant details for steam loader I've copied and pasted from another thread

This is a Steam game, how do I launch multiple copies of it with ISBoxer?
Yes, yes, good question. Here's the trick. You need to launch Steam via Inner Space/ISBoxer as if it were the game's Launcher -- because it is. Then, as with any other game's Launcher and Inner Space/ISBoxer, the launcher needs to close after the game instance is launched, before the next launcher can be opened. To avoid also closing the game instance that is already opened, this means you have to kill the running Steam.exe rather than just selecting "Exit"; this can be done via the Windows Task Manager ("End Process"). This process might get improved in the future...

So first of all, add Steam to Inner Space. To do so, right click IS and select Add Game. Then drag your Steam shortcut into the Add Game window and click OK. You will need to select the Steam Game/Game Profile when setting up your team in ISBoxer.

After you've got your team created and configured to use the Steam Game/Game Profile, the launch process goes like this:
1. Close Steam entirely, because ISBoxer needs to launch it.
2. Launch your ISBoxer Character Set (or use the ISBoxer Character Set Slots menu to launch just the 1st slot); this launches Steam under Inner Space. Log into Steam as you normally do.
3. Use Steam to launch the game
4. After the game is running, open up the Windows Task Manager -- you can do this by right clicking your Taskbar and it's just an option in the menu there. In the Task Manager, find Steam.exe in the Processes tab, and select End Process. The game should still be running, and Steam should now be gone
5. If all of your Characters are launched, then stop -- otherwise continue launching the same way, from Step 2
Note that you should close Steam afterward, as any game you launch via Steam will be affected by Inner Space until you close it and launch Steam without IS!
<<

Helpmeplease

Post Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:21 pm

Thank you, it does work, now I am playing with the keyboard repeater. Thank you for the help!
<<

Helpmeplease

Post Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:38 pm

How would I set it so it will only broadcast keys when im holding ALT CTRL or SHIFT . I'm having a problem where everything I type is being repeated by all characters, all I need to broadcast is number and key combinations when holding ALT SHIFT OR CTRL
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:04 pm

Simply, you disable Broadcasting, and use the Mapped Key Wizard to create Straight Key Broadcasts of only the key combinations you want to broadcast.

More info https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lzHM_SmFvk

Of note, depending on the style of setup you chose during the Quick Setup Wizard, you may want to remove the Hotkeys from the ISB42 - Combat Broadcast Hotkeys, as the default setup may have configured and Assist + Broadcast, and it is not clear whether you want/need the Assist function. If you do, then all you really need to do is add in the Hotkeys on the mapped keys in that Key Map. If you don't, then unbind the hotkeys in there, and make yourself some custom mapped keys.

Return to Other