FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Anarchy Online old and new engine problems - see the update

Moderator: MiRai

<<

zoopsie

Post Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:07 pm

Anarchy Online old and new engine problems - see the update

Hello

i am some little trouble to make isboxer run on AO (i tried both old engine and new without any result). i can on both engine log in without any problem. Its for the further use that i need your help.

- on new engine, it is almost working, but i can not succeed to get the mouse select the IS BOXER GUI : the mouse keep hiding below the IS GUI (beside that i could make it work i guess if i can manage to catch the repeater to build what i want) -

- so i went back on the old engine BUT there my character is simply stuck, not able to move with the mouse at all. https://pastebin.com/5W8mAZ8s Here is a diagnostic compatibility

Some more info : i play on 1 computer - 1920X1080 - 64 bit - windows 10 pro

(I use IS Boxer for SWTOR also without any problem. So for the window layout i thought i could use the same Window layout (windowed - bordeless - 1920x810)

If you could help me, thank you in advance

UPDATE : So after mutiples attempts i found out how to get my resolution perfect (one problem less to resolve for you) :P
Question : can i create a repeater directly into is boxer toolkit (not in game) and then export it so it appears in game ? (that would resolve my problem of the mouse not catching the IS windows config.)

The only bug i can not resolve so far is on the old engine : no matter what i try, the character stay stuck in game, with no mouse interacting

Thank you
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:25 am

Re: Anarchy Online old and new engine problems - see the update

the mouse keep hiding below the IS GUI

I don't think you'll find this working differently with the old engine, so if this is the whole reason you're trying to use the old engine, I would recommend not doing so.

If the mouse hides below IS GUI, it's because the game is using a software mouse cursor, i.e. drawing the cursor itself (before Inner Space can render its GUI, which then potentially gets put on top of the cursor) and/or maintaining its own position value for the cursor that may differ from the system cursor. Fortunately, most games these days don't use a different position, they just do the rendering and hide the system cursor.

The only bug i can not resolve so far is on the old engine : no matter what i try, the character stay stuck in game, with no mouse interacting

The old engine was never supported by Inner Space. Inner Space supports DirectX 8 and later games, and the old AO engine was built with DirectX 7. If you really want to use the old engine, the only way it might be possible is by using dgVoodoo 2. dgVoodoo 2 is a tool that basically implements Direct3D 1-7 (all the versions too old for Inner Space to support) on Direct3D 11.

So, from dgVoodoo 2 (http://dege.freeweb.hu/), copy the DLLs from the MS sub-folder into your Anarchy Online OLD ENGINE folder, and that might make it work.

This will NOT affect the cursor going behind IS GUI.

Question : can i create a repeater directly into is boxer toolkit (not in game) and then export it so it appears in game ? (that would resolve my problem of the mouse not catching the IS windows config.)

Repeater Regions are stored in per-character XML files in your InnerSpace\Scripts folder. ISBoxer.Regions.*.XML. I would guess you've got some of these files from other Character Sets, so you could copy/edit an existing file to match the names of your Character Set and Characters.
<<

zoopsie

Post Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:29 am

Re: Anarchy Online old and new engine problems - see the update

Thank you for the fast answer. I will do as you suggest and keep the new engine. I am sur i will be able to make it good enough for the old me :P and pffft never thought to search in the script folder .....

Return to Other