FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

PokeOne game not launching multiple clients

Moderator: MiRai

<<

epicfailzz

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:56 am

PokeOne game not launching multiple clients

Hey there, new around here and to multiboxing in general, but decided to give the trial a shot today.

Anywho, I'm trying to get a game called PokeOne to work with ISBoxer, but when I go to launch my characters, it only opens the first client window and seems to be unable to open the second. I do know for a fact that they have some sort of detection for more than one client and block that normally, though I have had success with opening multiple clients with Sandboxie. Is this something that I'm able to fix in the config or not?

Thanks
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:30 am

Re: PokeOne game not launching multiple clients

Depends on how they are doing it.
If it is my mutex, sure, find the mutex name and create a virtual file for it.
If by other means, like process detection, then you'd probably need to find some other way, like renaming exe files if possible (this usually doesn't work if a launcher is involved), and adding multiple games.
<<

epicfailzz

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:20 am

bob wrote:Depends on how they are doing it.
If it is my mutex, sure, find the mutex name and create a virtual file for it.
If by other means, like process detection, then you'd probably need to find some other way, like renaming exe files if possible (this usually doesn't work if a launcher is involved), and adding multiple games.

What's going to be the best way to figure out which one of the two it's using? The game does use a launcher, but you're able to bypass it by using the actual game executable.
<<

bob

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:10 am

if you can bypass the launcher, then that points more to a mutex method.

I would use Process Explorer, select the process (the game), bring up the handles pane (CTRL+H), and look for the "mutants" items. And check to see if there was a mutant listed which might be an obvious contender (the sessions ones are standard Windows objects). Sometimes they have obvious names, sometimes they do not.

Creating a virtual file for it only requires the last part of the name (i.e. after the last / ).
<<

bob

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:45 am

Apparently, according to TOS, PokeONE does not allow multiboxing.
3. Using bots, macros, multi-boxing, real money trades (RMT) will receive a permanant ban.
<<

epicfailzz

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:49 pm

bob wrote:Apparently, according to TOS, PokeONE does not allow multiboxing.
3. Using bots, macros, multi-boxing, real money trades (RMT) will receive a permanant ban.

Well that's extremely unfortunate, I must have completely missed that. Either way, I used process explorer and found the mutant items you were talking about, so for the sake of learning even though it's not immediately applicable to this game, how would I go about creating said "virtual file"?

Here's what I saw under the mutants tab in Process Explorer, my guess would be that in another game, something similar to the 2nd item is what I'm looking for?
https://prntscr.com/k4i9ip
Last edited by bob on Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link to url as they dont appear to allow embedding
<<

bob

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:16 pm

If you were allowed to multibox, you would use the Virtual File Wizard, select Other as the game, and in the file name enter the full mutex name of
"iles-PokeOne-files-PokeOne-exe-SingleInstanceMutex-Default" (w/o the quotes), Hit next, select the Characters to apply it to, and Hit finish. So yes, that is what you are looking for.

However, sometimes they are easy as the name is obvious, and sometimes they are not, and use guids so they can be hard to tell apart from the other things that are in there for whatever reasons.
Sometimes even armed with this info, it may not work, as it does depend a little on how the game handles it.
<<

epicfailzz

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:55 pm

Gotcha, thanks a lot for the help, maybe it'll help if I find in the future... always good stuff to know.

Return to Other