FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Need some help with ROSEOnline (ARUARose)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Munching Mushroom

Post Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:29 pm

Need some help with ROSEOnline (ARUARose)

So I decided to give Multiboxing a go, just to try it out and see what it is like, and since it said that Rose Online was supported, I decided to just give that a try. Now there is some issue I have been running into and I was hoping I could get some help with some of them here.

So first of all, the actual mouse clicks are not where the cursor is, this is just annoying but not game-breaking. Secondly and I have been googling and looking around for an answer but I haven't found anything that might pertain to be any kind of answer yet. Seeing as Rose is a CTM game, that's but the issue arise when A) I can't get them to move to the same spot because I am unable to get their screens properly aligned, and I haven't found any kind of command to do so either.

So is it just a case of me needing to actually switch screens to move my characters to attack each mob or even move my dudes around? Because if that's the case then I might as well sort of be alt-tabbing between them. Hopefully there are some kind of help out there for this, but ROSE didn't seem to have any kind of guide or helpline.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:06 pm

Re: Need some help with ROSEOnline (ARUARose)

Mouse clicks, when broadcast, should match up to the pixel location of the cursor (under a default window layout anyway). If they do not, then their may be something funny with the window layout, or sizing, and the game may be reporting something strange about the location (this can happen when the game uses a software cursor. An easy way around this is to use a VideoFX layout, which you can get by running the Window Layout Wizard, selecting the VideoFX = True option on the lower right, and then choosing a window layout (not one which says Existing in brackets).

Beyond that, the issue with AruaRose, is there is no Follow/Assist keybind in game; which then means you get the issue of movement. Moving in the 3D world, where toons may not be standing in the exact same spot, facing the exact same direction, not have the same POV (or even LOD), means that the mouse pointer, while pixel co-ordinates are in the same point of each window, may be in a different location in the game world, so broadcasting a mouse click then means the toons move in different directions, or to different locations, and then it gets worse from there.

It doesn't mean you can't multibox it, but it does mean you probably wont be able to run large teams, nor use broadcasting/clicks for movement/actions too excessively, without the wrong happening. DDO is like this, and people manage to run 4-6 toon teams, although with a fair amount of effort and concentration on moving. Usually though, this kind of game limitation means you run smaller 2-4 toon teams.

ISBoxer helps because it does better Window switching than ALT+TAB, and you can usually still setup the combat sequences/broadcast keys. It mostly comes down to movement and targeting becomes a large part of focus of your game.
<<

Munching Mushroom

Post Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:01 pm

Re: Need some help with ROSEOnline (ARUARose)

Thanks for the help and yea I can still multibox it, my plan was to just stand still and AoE anyway, but I can't seem to get the VideoFX to work, even with it turned on the cursor is still way out of position, which is my main concern.

Return to Other