FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Archeage Resolutions

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nodoze

Post Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:09 pm

Archeage Resolutions

I am running the current Development version of Inner Space (1.15 Build 6269).

I am having trouble getting any Archeage clients launced by Inner Space to run at anything less than full screen resolution.

My monitor is a 32 inch 1920x1200 monitor and I have tried many different window size settings and edited the virtual files with no success.

I even tried running without any window specified and ArcheAge clients are launched from Inner Space with max resolution settings and no other size options while Archeage clients launched outside of Inner Space have lots of size options.

Not sure where to go from here. I really don't want to run at full screen resolution...

Capture_resolutions__IS_001.PNG
InnerSpace Archeage has no resolution options:
Capture_resolutions__IS_001.PNG (300.52 KiB) Viewed 5240 times

Capture_resolutions_002.PNG
Regular Archeage has resolution options:
Capture_resolutions_002.PNG (16.96 KiB) Viewed 5240 times
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:57 pm

Re: Archeage Resolutions

I'm pretty sure I noticed this issue, as well, but I won't be able to test again until tomorrow. You can try using different display modes to see if that changes anything.
<<

nodoze

Post Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:44 am

Any insights or thoughts on how to resolve this?

I tried all the display modes with no success (could switch to them but no smaller monitor options).

I think the problem is with the virtual files as whenever I close my client I can see it saves a version of system.cfg with max resolution overwriting any manual inputs I put in prior to launching.

Is there a good deep dive anywhere on how the virtual files are created/managed?
Last edited by nodoze on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:55 am

It wont be the virtual files. They are rather "simple" in their setup in that when a process calls to the OS for X:\SOMEFOLDER\FILENAME.TXT, and the ISBoxer virtual file is looking for FILENAME.TXT, then it sees that request, and redirects the I/O to X:\SOMEFOLDER\FILENAME-CHARNAME.TXT. What actually gets written to it is all the games doing.

The problem will be more related to how the game is reading the region size being presented by ISBoxer/Inner Space. Most games will take the DirectX info that is being presented, and thus use the Region Size that ISBoxer tells it it should be using. Others will ignore that, and try and read other info in different ways, and when it gets no result, will fall back to the physical resolution of the output device.

TL;DR;
ISBoxer/Inner Space probably needs an update to deal with what AA is doing to determine the resolutions available to it.
<<

nodoze

Post Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:33 am

bob wrote:It wont be the virtual files. They are rather "simple" in their setup in that when a process calls to the OS for X:\SOMEFOLDER\FILENAME.TXT, and the ISBoxer virtual file is looking for FILENAME.TXT, then it sees that request, and redirects the I/O to X:\SOMEFOLDER\FILENAME-CHARNAME.TXT. What actually gets written to it is all the games doing.

The problem will be more related to how the game is reading the region size being presented by ISBoxer/Inner Space. Most games will take the DirectX info that is being presented, and thus use the Region Size that ISBoxer tells it it should be using. Others will ignore that, and try and read other info in different ways, and when it gets no result, will fall back to the physical resolution of the output device.

TL;DR;
ISBoxer/Inner Space probably needs an update to deal with what AA is doing to determine the resolutions available to it.
OK. Can we get confirmation that LAX is aware of this and has added this to his list? I realize it likely won't be at the top but it would be good to know it is at least on the list of bugs/issues.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:00 pm

LAX is an airport. I'm just Lax.

Yes it is on the list.

I pay a team of people so that I can spend my time working on code instead of personally responding to every forum post.... sir.

Return to Other