FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DAOC New could use some advice

Moderator: MiRai

<<

deveris

Post Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:23 pm

DAOC New could use some advice

Im trying to setup just follow and assist and not having any luck. I went through the quick setup wizard and on last page put shift+v (stick) for the follow key bind in game and setup an assist macro on ALT+2 (on all chars). I log in and try using the default Hotkey ALT+f and nothing happens. Any advice would be much appreciated, I have went through many tutorials still no joy. any help would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has an actual DAoC guide that would be great as well.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: DAOC New could use some advice

The default "MMO Party Mechanics (Follow, Assist, ITW)" option for DAOC, is set to "Target current Slot, then Follow/Assist Target".

This option in the drop down means your team with do two things when you try to Follow/Assist.
Step 1, the slave toons should target your main. They will do this by sending a Function Keystroke (F1, F2, F3, F4, etc). So, when you press the hotkeys of ALT+F, the first thing you should see is your slave toons, targeting your main.
  1. If they don't target the main , then that is not working, and you need to verify the in game binds for "Target Party Member" are setup (you normally have to be in a party for most games for these to work). Also of note, some games are finicky, and when you setup your party, you will probably need to invite/accept the members in the same order every time.
  2. If they don't target your main, but they do appear to target random party members, then it means the targeting table is not quite right (or you don't stick to a consistent invite/accept order for your team), so for Each Slot on the character set, you will need to look at the Variable Keystrokes mapping, and adjust it, so it works. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Common_modifica ... eting_keys
  3. If they target your main, move on...

Step 2 of the Follow/Assist is sending of a keystroke to perform the Follow/Assist on the targeted party member.
This one is a little more tricky, but the best thing to do for initial testing, is make the in game binds a key which does not have a modifier. This will determine whether the modifier processing by the game is causing the problem or not.
If this is your first team, you can set this under Variable Keystrokes -> Follow Target and Variable Keystrokes -> Assist Target.

If it turns out that it doesn't work when there is a modifier, but it does without, then we have a winner solution.

If that doesn't resolve it, then first, test it manually, i.e. disable key maps (SHIFT+ALT+M, press a function key to target, and press your in game bind for follow/assist - make sure it actually works).

If it works manually, then it may be time to drag out the debug big guns and see what is being sent to the slave toons.
The Debugging Console
<<

deveris

Post Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:09 am

Ok, I went through every character in variable keystrokes all targeting is setup correctly (F1-F3) , checked variable keystrokes they are what my key binds are in game(also tried no modifier f10), and invited characters in order still no actions. I then went and checked debug it only shows my characters, windowed mode, and frame rate. It looks like nothing is getting sent to my other chars. Here is some more info I go through the ALT+F mapped key and it sends it to isb42 party follow active method, but underneath that in advance in only has a text dialog saying no follow me active method, do I need to add an action to this, and is it just a keystroke to in game bind?
<<

bob

Post Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:38 am

I'm not even sure what you are looking at at this point. The debug console should show you all keystrokes received in each window via ISboxer if you have select the Button option before clicking on the "Show Debugging Console". Note: you do need to switch to each window to see what it is receiving. The Capture State button might show you what you are describing.

You should be seeing, at the very least, a window which looks like

Which would show the first thing which happens which is setting of the variable keystrokes.

And no, the Mapped Keys are routed through Virtual Mapped Keys, which are set on your character set. They should look like:

/e:
One last thing to try might be to remove the ALT from the Follow/Assist hotkeys in ISB42 - Base Hotkeys. See if that is interfering.
<<

deveris

Post Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:44 am

Its probably the virtual its not mapped like that i noticed it going to wipe(restart) and make sure the virtual looks like that, and yes i was just doing the clipboard for debug. let you know if it works. Didnt work the debug shows that when i hit ALT+f there is no action popping up. character show as f1-f3, but when i execute alt f nothing happenn. Ill be back to troubleshoot after work. thank you for all the help though.
<<

deveris

Post Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:29 am

Scratch that last part virtual map switched it to Follow Me (target slot) the variable key in this is Target Slot {SLOT}, I do not see this under variable keys , could this be the issue? The step 2 is in variable keys and set up for in game key binding, but i dont think its acquiring a target to execute step 2
path.png
path.png (146.41 KiB) Viewed 7813 times
<<

deveris

Post Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:32 am

Ok, so I got it to work on everything except for my slot #1 anyone know why that might be happening. Its back to default settings atm. Characters are logged in in order and invited in order,
<<

bob

Post Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:41 pm

The "Target Slot {SLOT}" works because ISBoxer replaces {SLOT} with the current active slot number (the toon you want everyone to follow), turning the call into "Target Slot 1" or "Target Slot 2", or "Target Slot 3" etc., which you do have as Variable Keystrokes in the list, so as long as the Variable Keystroke has a value (which it should be mapped from the per slot configuration you looked at earlier), then it should all work out.

And, It depends on what is not working about slot 1. Are they not selecting a target toon when they are not the main? are they selecting the target, but not pressing the follow bind? are they not doing anything at all?

You might need to share your config if you have changed anything on it.
http://www.isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing

Return to Other