FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Age of Conan

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Greyhawk

Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:53 am

Age of Conan

Hello there, after searching through the forums and trying some ideas listed i'm pretty stumped on getting AoC to run with isboxer for 2 accounts.
- I have it installed in separate directories
- they each run great without innerspace
- I added each folder as it's own game ( aoc 1) ( aoc 2) with the inner-space add game feature successfully.
- I added the character accounts to "other" in the wizard setup and the Aoc1 default profile etc, successfully
- I've read the game only runs with inner-space properly launched in windowed mode. I have tried to resize my windows layout to match but i cant seem to get it to sync. The game is 1920 x 1080 windowed automatically resizes down to 1768x955 once it enters the login screen but that seems to trip some kind of display bug and aoc.exe crashes.
- I have "Make Game Believe It Is Foreground Window" checked
- I have experimented with the check box of "Prevent Isboxer from resizing the window" to no avail
- I have resized my windows layout to a low 1600x900 and matched the game launcher of that same size ( windowed) and still the AoC.exe crashes. (immediately)
- The highest res aspect of 1920x1080 auto resizes down to 1768x954 when selected in windowed mode; but i cant seem to find a way for Isboxer to not crash. I can log in with Isboxer both accounts on this setting ( all broadcast functions etc) but it crashes halfway through the load bar every time.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your time.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:06 am

Re: Age of Conan

Possibly nothing. It may be that it has been so long InnerSpace needs an update.

Anyway, to start with, what is the crash error. If it has detail to it, what is it.
Also, provide a compatibility diagnostic.
<<

Greyhawk

Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:08 am

Changed Windows layout size to 1920x1080 so it matches launcher size of 1920x1083 (which windows) results in immediate AoC crash:

" Assertion Failed.."

e:/dev-env]/build/branch_v5.00.0/code/enginecode/corelibraries/corerendering/gui/DXUTStripped.cpp(6281)

-----------------------------------------------------------
DeviceResetCallback - 0x80004005

-----------------------------------------------------------

[0x00E56199] Symbol not found. (0)
" etc etc "
" "

After hitting "attempt to continue" I get another error box " device call back error function" and exits the client.
Thanks for the prompt response; i'll check out that function you mentioned.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:48 am

- I've read the game only runs with inner-space properly launched in windowed mode.

Yes, that sounds like my recollection. I assume you have checked to ensure your game is in windowed mode?

I have tried to resize my windows layout to match but i cant seem to get it to sync. The game is 1920 x 1080 windowed automatically resizes down to 1768x955 once it enters the login screen but that seems to trip some kind of display bug and aoc.exe crashes.

Did you try with NO window layout? That sounds like it would be a good starting point to work around a crash that appears Window Layout related.

Something you may be missing is that if you're on 1920x1080 and you want a Window Layout that has smaller views along the bottom or side, the game windows can't actually be in 1920x1080. 1768x955 sounds really wonky though, what does your layout look like that it's removing space from both the side and the bottom? It would usually be more like 1920xsomething, or somethingx1080. Anyway, you could try setting the resolution in-game to match what your Window Layout is giving the windows.

- I have experimented with the check box of "Prevent Isboxer from resizing the window" to no avail

I think you're referring to "Prevent ISBoxer from forcing the game into windowed mode (advanced)". The idea behind this option really is that if you run only one instance of a game per PC, that game instance can remain in fullscreen mode instead of ISBoxer forcing it into Windowed Mode. This improves SLI/Crossfire performance for those cases, for example. You can't launch two game instances in fullscreen mode though, which is why ISBoxer usually needs to force windowed mode. This is not a good option in your case, make sure this is unchecked.

Using NO Window Layout will prevent ISBoxer from resizing or repositioning the windows, however.
<<

Greyhawk

Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:04 pm

lax wrote:
- I've read the game only runs with inner-space properly launched in windowed mode.

Yes, that sounds like my recollection. I assume you have checked to ensure your game is in windowed mode?
-- Yes I check the AoC Launcher res options every time.

I have tried to resize my windows layout to match but i cant seem to get it to sync. The game is 1920 x 1080 windowed automatically resizes down to 1768x955 once it enters the login screen but that seems to trip some kind of display bug and aoc.exe crashes.

Did you try with NO window layout? That sounds like it would be a good starting point to work around a crash that appears Window Layout related.

- Yup! I had thought of that and tried it. I launched both accounts with 1768x954 (stacked no swap) windows layout and Launcher options 1920.1080-windowed. Surprisingly I log in to character select every time with Isboxer commands functioning. However, the accounts crash every single time at the halfway loading mark upon trying to enter the game.

Something you may be missing is that if you're on 1920x1080 and you want a Window Layout that has smaller views along the bottom or side, the game windows can't actually be in 1920x1080. 1768x955 sounds really wonky though, what does your layout look like that it's removing space from both the side and the bottom? It would usually be more like 1920xsomething, or somethingx1080. Anyway, you could try setting the resolution in-game to match what your Window Layout is giving the windows.

- I've tried matching the windows layout resolutions to the exact ones offered by the game with Windowed, windowed-fullscreen, or fullscreen options all to no avail. The 1768x954 is not wonky - that's what the resolution downscales to when it's launched in Windowed mode on a widescreen.

I think you're referring to "Prevent ISBoxer from forcing the game into windowed mode (advanced)". The idea behind this option really is that if you run only one instance of a game per PC, that game instance can remain in fullscreen mode instead of ISBoxer forcing it into Windowed Mode. This improves SLI/Crossfire performance for those cases, for example. You can't launch two game instances in fullscreen mode though, which is why ISBoxer usually needs to force windowed mode. This is not a good option in your case, make sure this is unchecked.
- Actually I was trying to run just one slot out of curiosity since I noticed as soon as the display changes during initial launch it crashed immediately when the game resized. I had hoped keeping the resolutions to match and preventing Isboxer from resizing anything during launch might have solved it. Just as a test.
Using NO Window Layout will prevent ISBoxer from resizing or repositioning the windows, however.

- Yes I already tried that. Also matching max resolution for game and windows layout. Each time the game reaches player login / character selection but crashes halfway through entering the game with the error i posted above. Its a device reset error and it seems AoC hates being resized. ( I only use stacked fullcreen options)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:46 pm

- Yup! I had thought of that and tried it. I launched both accounts with 1768x954 (stacked no swap) windows layout and Launcher options 1920.1080-windowed. Surprisingly I log in to character select every time with Isboxer commands functioning. However, the accounts crash every single time at the halfway loading mark upon trying to enter the game.

In that case, you can likely stop fiddling with ISBoxer configuration to solve the problem.

Does AoC have an option between DirectX 9 and DirectX 11 mode? That may work.

Otherwise it sounds like either an issue that a Compatibility Diagnostic would help with (e.g. some program you're also running might happen to break it), or an Inner Space issue relating to DirectX 9 specifically with this game.
<<

inmysights

Post Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:39 pm

This game would be awesome to MB, but the game does not have any auto follow that is why I dont play it.

Return to Other