FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Archeage

Moderator: MiRai

<<

danieljackson

Post Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:59 am

Archeage

I've used ISBoxer with another game a few years ago.

I want to use ISBoxer with Archeage, I have no intention of any automation, my hope is to use basic functionality to efficiently use my monitor real estate, and computer resources.

I think my issue is with the Window Layout, I've used the wizard a few times, and I've watched a few videos and searched the forums. I would like to run 4 accounts, with my primary toon on my primary monitor. I do not want the client windows to move/switch at all. I would like to run 3 clients on my secondary monitor in a "L" configuration. I would then like to click on the client and interact with mouse and keyboard in one of the windows without the window switching or moving.

I'm not sure I completely understand swap group, and the settings found on the right panel after selecting the drop down for the window layout. i've played with quite a few combinations of settings with no luck. I'm hoping someone might be able to give me the break down of configuration to at least get me close so I can tweak it.

Thanks for any help. I think I have a really basic config.

https://pastebin.com/Vmieb4ph
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:17 am

Re: Archeage

I suspect most of the issue will be archeage and how it's dealing with screen positioning and layout. You may need to double check your smaller regions as they will be rendering internally at the size of the region - i.e. 960x600, which I'm not sure ArcheAge will like. It may be thinking it should have a full screen resolution. It also might just require you to setup swapping, or you will need to create an additional region on monitor 2, which is the full size, and set that to the reset region for the swap groups on monitor 2, so that way ArchAge will render at the monitor size, but display at the smaller size (which being 0.5 should be ok).

The other option would be to have swapping, and use a VideoFX layout.

To do that, run the Window Layout Wizard again, select Use Video FX = True, Enable Swapping = False, and choose the layout which suits you.
<<

danieljackson

Post Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:52 pm

Re: Archeage

I think I might be missing something. Video FX is used to render video from another instance into the instance you are localized in no?

I'm hoping you can explain why to use Video FX. I thought this was used for picture in picture type stuff. I will try it regardless.

Thanks

Return to Other