FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Ragnarok Online

Moderator: MiRai

<<

narcose

Post Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:13 pm

Ragnarok Online

I'm looking to get support with ISBoxer and Ragnarok Online.

First and foremost I would like to point out the following:

I have been to: http://isboxer.com/wiki/Supported_Games and I understand that on the list it says Ragnaork Online is not supported for the following reason: "No (Hackshield??)"

Firstly and lastly, the International localization of Ragnarok Online (known as iRO, which can be found here: http://www.playragnarok.com/) does not use Hackshield or any other form of anti-cheat software. Hackshield is only found in overseas/Asian localizations of Ragnarok and iRO is entirely free from it.

iRO is the version I am playing so Hackshield/other anti-cheat software is irrelevant in my case.

That being said, ISBoxer in theory should work with it. However it doesn't and that's why I am here.

Upon attempting to launch the game via Inner Space I get the following error:

---------------------------
Error
DirectInput not available
OK
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:31 pm

Re: Ragnarok Online

It is DirectX 8.1 according to their site, so it is on the edge of what is normally supported. Main support is for DirectX 9 and 11 (and 12 when something uses it). Games using DirectX 8 usually need specific support. Maybe it can be added to the list.
<<

narcose

Post Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:46 pm

bob wrote:Games using DirectX 8 usually need specific support. Maybe it can be added to the list.

And the likeliness of this happening is what? Slim to none?

What channels do I have to go through to make this happen?

Given that the International localization for Ragnarok doesn't use Hackshield or any other anti-cheat software I feel like getting support for this version of this game is a good idea - there's a potentially untapped pool of customers here that could be taken advantage of.

Dual/multi-clienting for this version of Ragnarok is even supported by the publisher (Warpportal) and not against the ToS. The client/executable can be launched multiple times without any problems or workarounds and you can log in to several accounts at once without any hitch (limited only by your computers processing power and available memory). You can set characters to follow other characters (using a shortcut provided in-game) and tab back and forth between clients to execute commands however this process would be much more streamlined via ISBoxer.

I signed up for a trial of ISBoxer/Inner Space last night in hopes of trying this out only to be met with that Direct Input error. This is currently what stands between me and my decision to purchase a license for this software.
<<

Trojal

Post Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:57 pm

I'm also very interested in the possibility of support for Ragnarok Online. As narcose mentioned, on the international Ragnarok Online I'm playing (iRO Re:Start) there's no Hackshield. I've used ISBoxer in the past for Diablo 3 and Tree of Savior.

I already use a tool called dgvoodoo to wrap the DirectX calls to support a 4k resolution display, so it should be possible to support it with ISBoxer, but I don't know how much work it is. If it's relevant, when using the dgvoodoo drivers, ISBoxer launches the game client successfully, but there is only mouse input, no keyboard to the client.

Return to Other