FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Secret World Legends - Launcher Behaviour

Moderator: MiRai

<<

marshboxer

Post Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:30 pm

Secret World Legends - Launcher Behaviour

Dear Isboxer community,
I've been multiboxing the relaunch of the secret world the last few days and it's working great.

However!

Today's patch seems to have broken the launcher "clientpatcher.exe" when sandboxing, so if I have the game profile set to clientpatcher like before, it will hook onto the launcher window, somehow AUTOMATICALLY(???) press the start game button, then proceed to freeze the launcher while the game launches...the problem is all the keyboard hooks for window swapping are now stuck with the frozen launcher...sadface.

I've managed to fix it by changing the Default Profile to launch "SecretWorldLegends.exe" instead. (Edit, it still goes through clientpatcher but at least it closes itself gracefully after launching)

What could have caused a minor patch to change the behaviour of a launcher that used to work perfectly? Or have I been doing it wrong pointing IS towards the launcher all this time?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:49 am

Re: Secret World Legends - Launcher Behaviour

If using the launcher is not required, then certainly no harm is done by pointing directly at the client. I wouldn't say either way is necessarily "wrong" but the way that works for you is absolutely "right"!

It definitely sounds like I'll have to check this out though.
<<

marshboxer

Post Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:43 pm

Thanks Lax for the reply,
I'll clarify even if you point it at TheSecretWorld.exe....it still forces the clientpatcher.exe to run first....so there is no skipping the launcher...but at least when pointing directly at it the launcher closes gracefully after doing its thing.
Cheers
<<

marshboxer

Post Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:13 pm

Whelp, an update. The latest patch really reduced the stability for me...have been getting random crashes in random windows.

Guess I had played this game to death before and multiboxing this, while it can feed your main, is no match for people swiping their credt card on their cute new P2W system.

Back to Diablo!

Return to Other