FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ESO - Launch from InnerSpace, ESO crashes

Moderator: MiRai

<<

AbductedByAliens

Post Sat May 20, 2017 2:13 pm

ESO - Launch from InnerSpace, ESO crashes

New user.

I created a character profile. Exported everything to InnerSpace. When I right-click the Inner Space icon, I chose my character set to launch my accounts. I checked the path in Inner Space, that is the correct path. I have disabled my AV. When it goes to launch ESO, I receive an ESO Crash Reporter pop-up asking me what I was doing when the game crashed. It is literally at the launch of the game - I have not even gotten to the account authentication.

I am using the 64 bit ESO client and verified that was in the correct path in Inner Space. The 32 bit ESO client has the same crash. I am using: eso.live.2.7.14.1451648

-----------

Why isn't there a dedicated board for ESO? Where can I find the configuration guide to set up my accounts in ESO?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat May 20, 2017 3:41 pm

Re: ESO - Launch from InnerSpace, ESO crashes

I moved your post to the Other forum for a game-specific issue, and merged it with your second thread since they have similar subject matter.

AbductedByAliens wrote:New user.

I created a character profile. Exported everything to InnerSpace. When I right-click the Inner Space icon, I chose my character set to launch my accounts. I checked the path in Inner Space, that is the correct path. I have disabled my AV. When it goes to launch ESO, I receive an ESO Crash Reporter pop-up asking me what I was doing when the game crashed. It is literally at the launch of the game - I have not even gotten to the account authentication.

I am using the 64 bit ESO client and verified that was in the correct path in Inner Space. The 32 bit ESO client has the same crash. I am using: eso.live.2.7.14.1451648

We would need to see a diagnostic report.

AbductedByAliens wrote:Why isn't there a dedicated board for ESO?

If ESO becomes wildly popular to multibox, then I would assume that Lax would give it its own sub-forum, but until then, the "Other" sub-forum covers games which, generally, do not require their own sub-forum.

AbductedByAliens wrote:Where can I find the configuration guide to set up my accounts in ESO?

There aren't any ESO-specific guides for setting up the game, but most games are covered under the generic Quick Start Guide on the Wiki. Beyond setting up the basics, it is assumed that anyone having issues after that will seek out further assistance on the forum (or live chat).
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat May 20, 2017 3:49 pm

MiRai wrote:If ESO becomes wildly popular to multibox
I suspect not based on past comments.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5539
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5386
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5581
<<

AbductedByAliens

Post Sat May 20, 2017 5:56 pm

Interesting - it appears that ESO is not easy to multibox. I used ISBoxer for everything from EQ2 to Wow. I figured it would work for ESO. I guess since I just purchased ISBoxer after reading it was supported on the wiki, this is a let down. Perhaps the the wiki should be updated to reflect that this is unsupported.

Here's the pastebin for the diag: https://pastebin.com/b7xGFYsQ
<<

bob

Post Sat May 20, 2017 7:13 pm

So, can't see anything too obvious, other than Avast, which, as an antivirus product will not "shutdown" even when disabled. It installs a filter driver into the Windows kernel I/O, so to shut it down you have to uninstall and reboot. You can also see in your paste that it is still hooking the game. Not that I'd think this is your issue, but you could try it, see what happens. Nothing else really sticks out as a potential cause in the diagnostics, although if any of the other utilities you are running, like the DirectOC has an overlay, then shut them down. Overlays can cause grief.

Do you get a crash report in ESO, and can you see it. Presumably there will be a log somewhere which they are busily uploading if you log the failure.

Also, after a bit of searching, it appears for ESO, you need to use the Launcher to load the game, not the client directly.
i.e./Zenimax Online/Launcher/Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe
Is it the launcher that is crashing, or are you getting past the launcher, and to the client?

AbductedByAliens wrote:Perhaps the the wiki should be updated to reflect that this is unsupported.
Until Lax tells us otherwise, ESO is still supported by ISBoxer, and issues that can be fixed will be fixed (once we know what they are). I was just pointing out that most reports about multiboxing ESO indicate it will be a world of pain, and thus probably not a popular choice. You need to remember that ISBoxer does not provide any functionality over and above what the game already has, so the lack of Follow will still be there.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat May 20, 2017 7:57 pm

Just to add to what bob said...

"Supported" doesn't mean "able to run full parties or raids with ease," it means that Inner Space is capable of successfully launching multiple instances of the game on a single machine. After that, it's up to the user as to what they want to do, or can even attempt to do, in the game they're playing.

ESO is a great example of a game that people specifically asked for support when it was first launched, so Lax added it. Lax, and he can certainly correct me if I'm miss-speaking here, isn't the type of person to take a stance and say, "This game looks too hard to multibox, so I'm not going to add compatibility for it." People ask for compatibility to be added for whatever reason they have, and, assuming there's time available, he makes that happen.

Now, as for whether or not a recent patch broke compatibility with ESO is another matter all together, and if that is the case, then Lax will have to take another look at the game to see if he can fix that. Someone else, in a fairly recent thread, had mentioned that there were issues with ESO after the game had been launched through Inner Space, but that doesn't mean that the issue wasn't caused by something on their machine.
So, it would seem that, at least recently, Inner Space was (mostly) working with ESO, since someone else was able to successfully launch the game about a month ago.

As a final note, Inner Space is compatible with a lot of games, and, in theory, many more that aren't on the list (as the Wiki page points out). In an ideal setting, we would all be able to continuously check the compatibility of every game with Inner Space every week, but that's just not the case. Normally, if the "core" people who hang out in the community aren't playing a certain game, or at least launching it through Inner Space, then we won't know it's broken until someone comes along and reports the problem. It's unfortunate, but this is how it is with the games that don't house a large, active multiboxing playerbase.
<<

AbductedByAliens

Post Tue May 23, 2017 4:14 pm

How do I go about getting a refund?
<<

bob

Post Tue May 23, 2017 4:17 pm

You log into your account on http://lavishsoft.com/account and press the button which says Refund.#

If you are beyond the timeframe (14 days IIRC), you will need to email lax@lavishsoft.com
<<

AbductedByAliens

Post Wed May 24, 2017 4:16 am

Thank you all for your trying to help me with my issue. I think this product does have value and I was successful in using for many years in various games; it just did meet my requirements this time. I am sure I'll be back again the future...in a different game! Keep up the good work here.

Return to Other