FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Darkfall: New Dawn - choppy diagonal mouse movement

Moderator: MiRai

<<

multiboxer

Post Wed May 03, 2017 7:04 pm

Darkfall: New Dawn - choppy diagonal mouse movement

Game launches successfully through isboxer, however even when I only launch a single account with a window layout as a single 2560x1440 window (my monitor resolution) with no type of broadcasting enabled, just like I play without isboxer, the mouse movement becomes unusable. Left/right and up/down movements seem relatively normal, but moving diagonally doesn't work, the movement gets choppy and skips long distances, seeming snapping into place, feels like an extreme version of angle snapping or something.

Any suggestions?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed May 03, 2017 7:36 pm

Re: Darkfall: New Dawn - choppy diagonal mouse movement

Mouse issues like that usually need special handling coded in Inner Space. It all depends on which library the game devs used, and whether they are using it correctly (or not).

Maybe Lax will have another idea, but I can't think of anything you can do with the current settings that would correct the movement.
<<

multiboxer

Post Wed May 03, 2017 7:48 pm

bob wrote:Mouse issues like that usually need special handling coded in Inner Space. It all depends on which library the game devs used, and whether they are using it correctly (or not).

Maybe Lax will have another idea, but I can't think of anything you can do with the current settings that would correct the movement.

Thanks bob, New Dawn is essentially the old darkfall game from 2009 with some tweaks and patches thrown in, so the underlying development stuff should be similar.

I just found this in an old thread from 2010:

lax wrote:Unfortunately, the mouselook in the 3rd Person Shooter doesn't currently work in Inner Space, so I will need to take a look at that. It might be the same bug Darkfall is (was?) having with mouselook in IS.

http://www.isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=687

Hoping I can get some more context on this issue from lax, pretty difficult for me to find any information specific to Darkfall with ISBoxer
<<

multiboxer

Post Thu May 04, 2017 7:55 am

I just realized I could delete the window layout entirely to rule it out as a possible factor and the issue persists when launching through ISBoxer with no window layout, doesn't fill me with a lot of hope unfortunately :(

Even with it working like this I could probably still find some use for it, particularly for switching between secondary accounts that are gathering/crafting and frame limiting background clients, but it's definitely unusable for my primary game client unless anyone else has any suggestions.
<<

rumthorpcraft1

Post Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:57 am

I just got isboxer with the express purpose of using it to multibox darkfall new dawn. Was this issue ever fixed?

Return to Other