FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Dark Age of Camelot mouselook issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

cenz

Post Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:27 am

Dark Age of Camelot mouselook issue

Anyone got any ideas what has gone wrong with my mouselook in DAOC? Up until a few days ago everything was running fine. But now I no longer have Mouselook when using ISBoxer. If I log into DAOC without ISBoxer mouselook works as it should. IN ISBoxer mouselook does nothing .... pls help! :oops:
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:33 am

Re: Dark Age of Camelot mouselook issue

I will have to take a look, thanks for reporting the issue. This will typically require a patch to Inner Space to correct, when a game makes a breaking change like this
<<

cenz

Post Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:35 am

O.K thanks Lax. Your a star :-)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:22 am

This is fixed in Inner Space build 6168, now the development build of Inner Space. To try it out, right click Inner Space and select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.
<<

Skywier

Post Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:03 pm

Hello. Game Developers over at DAoC have borked the mouse/keyboard code and I think ISBoxer will need to patch again. Here is the comments from the Developer if this helps at all. Mouse pan and clicking is not working at all....

Quote Originally Posted by dax View Post
Quote Originally Posted by John_Broadsword View Post
Are either @Sovereign or @Inter using Mojo and adjusting your game's resolution at all?
it seems that you are aware of the issues happening when you resize the client window either with mojo or hotkeynet. will there be a fix? now it's almost impossibile to play a "macro team" on resized windows, when you press the mouse pan or mouse look key, the mouse pointer moves at each press.
this issue is happening since the last patch.
thank you.
This is something those programs will have to address if they want to fix it. The game client no longer forcibly moves the mouse at all, so any program relying on that movement may have issues. Adjusting resolution using anything other than the normal game client is not something we recommend and is not a supported feature.

Edit: The patch above worked for mouselook btw, and mouselook works now, but they broke mousepan and you cannot click menu's/quest logs etc. This is as of 12:00pm PST Monday (today)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:08 pm

Edit: The patch above worked for mouselook btw, and mouselook works now, but they broke mousepan and you cannot click menu's/quest logs etc.

I can take another look tomorrow at any remaining issues with ISBoxer.

When you say it works for mouse look but not mouse pan, for the sake of me testing specifically what you're doing, can you tell me what buttons we're talking? Are we talking left click and hold vs right click and hold?
<<

Skywier

Post Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:51 pm

So with mouse look you move your character fine.

Mousepan you hold the mousepan button (in my case button 4 on my mouse) and then while holding move the mouse and this will rotate your view all around without turning your character.

This WORKS right now, but the mouse cursor (even though "invisible" when mousepanning) seems to keep moving behind the scenes and when you release its in an entirely different place than when you started mousepanning. When used with dual monitors like me, there is even times the the cursor pops up after mousepanning on my other screen.

As for the clicking issue, you can't click anything that pops ups...in game or even int eh character select screen. So you can't click your drop down menus for inventory etc.

Thanks so much for looking into it.
<<

Garnoud

Post Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:54 am

Hey,

Yea same here.

I Just wanted to add some information.

As Sky wrote above. Before daoc patch the mouse cursor sticked to where it was when panning.

Example : When u go over abilities while panning it clicks it with right mouse button. Before patch panning seemed to disable the click function.

Another example : It feels like there is 2 cursors/mouse active. For example. In DAOC you can swap an item from inventory to gear with Shift+Right mouse click. When I do that since last patch it taps twice. The item gets swapped in and straight out again.

Hope this extra info helps some more.

Thanks in advance
<<

Cryter

Post Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:24 pm

I am also having a mouse issue and I have already set it to have the latest patches and patch automatically as suggested in the chat room. My issues are things like cannot click on portions of windows to select things or trade items from one person to another. It acts like I am double clicking everything I click with the mouse. Even simple things like trying to change my UI in the setup screen will not let me click on it. All of these things do work fine when isboxer and innerspace are not running (normally I have to restart after closing those programs to get things working correctly again)

Any help would be greatly appreciated and relieve a lot of my recent stress, every time I try I get a bit madder at the game and the programs, it has ruined plans I have for a few days, and Its all I have right now since its spring break for me.

Cryter
<<

Bionge

Post Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:47 pm

Very similar issue as the other posters. It does seem like the mouse clicks are acting like a double click. I am not able to click items in the game options screen, like changing ui skins from atlantis to custom. When I use the scroll wheel on my mouse to toggle between quick-bars, or click any options that have a scale of options, it will skip one each time. So it would go either 1 3 5 7 9 or 2 4 6 8 0, depending on the bar it was on when the character loaded.

Some of this started with patch set 1.122C which the most recent update seemed to fix most of. With the latest live fix to Daoc, it is almost impossible to play the game. I am able to click a few things like my quick-bars, but pretty much anything else on screen won't register a click, including mobs or npc's at times.

Hope the feedback is helpful.
Thanks for still supporting such an old game!
Next

Return to Other