FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Dark Age of Camelot mouselook issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Skywier

Post Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:32 pm

Re: Dark Age of Camelot mouselook issue

I am on the latest 6169. DAoC patched again this morning claiming to "fix" mouse issues relating to resizing windows with 3rd party applications, so maybe they fixed whatever you patched. Feel bad having you recheck this as they seem to be hot fixing thier hot fix to their hot fix, but I think they are done now.

Happens in mouselook and mousepan fyi.

Thank you very much..nice to see such good support on a product i just purchased :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:20 pm

They did indeed make a minor change to their code that locks the cursor, which broke my fix. I've once again fixed this, now in Inner Space build 6170.

As with before, this is now the development build of Inner Space. (Instructions again for anyone new to the thread...) To try it out, right click Inner Space in the system tray (notification area) and select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.
<<

Skywier

Post Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:40 pm

Works perfectly now. Thank you very much!
<<

Rhildor

Post Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:04 am

This is still not working properly. When playing with the mini screens all on one monitor the cursor jumps whenever you click and release. Other people are experiencing this issue as well. Skywier plays full screen as his main monitor and mini screens on his second monitor and doesn't get this cursor issue. Could this please be looked into.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:40 am

Rhildor wrote:This is still not working properly. When playing with the mini screens all on one monitor the cursor jumps whenever you click and release. Other people are experiencing this issue as well. Skywier plays full screen as his main monitor and mini screens on his second monitor and doesn't get this cursor issue. Could this please be looked into.

The post right before yours is Skywier stating that everything works perfectly now, so who are we to believe? Are you certain you're on the development build of Inner Space as per the instructions outlined in Lax's post? You can tell which version you're using by hovering the mouse cursor over the Inner Space icon in the notification area.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:49 am

I will look into this as soon as I can, but it sounds like there will be a very simple workaround in the meantime.

The remaining issue is likely Window Layout related. You can likely work around the current issue by using the Video FX Layout option in the wizard. This puts all of your game windows in literally the same place, while using views of the game windows for the smaller regions. This should prevent the described issue for the moment
<<

cenz

Post Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:56 am

Rhildor wrote:This is still not working properly. When playing with the mini screens all on one monitor the cursor jumps whenever you click and release. Other people are experiencing this issue as well. Skywier plays full screen as his main monitor and mini screens on his second monitor and doesn't get this cursor issue. Could this please be looked into.

I am having the same Issue as Rhildor.

I have tried the Video FX Layout option in the wizard but that doesn't seem to help :-(
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:25 pm

cenz wrote:I am having the same Issue as Rhildor.

I have tried the Video FX Layout option in the wizard but that doesn't seem to help :-(

...and you're currently on the development build of Inner Space?

To everyone posting in this thread... knowing whether you're on the development build or not is very helpful on addressing said issue. The version number can be found by hovering over the Inner Space tray icon in the notification area.
<<

cenz

Post Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:41 pm

MiRai wrote:
cenz wrote:I am having the same Issue as Rhildor.

...and you're currently on the development build of Inner Space?

To everyone posting in this thread... knowing whether you're on the development build or not is very helpful on addressing said issue.

Yes I am using the development build.
<<

Percy

Post Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:49 pm

Hi LAX and others. Im back and originally helped you with the debug on DAoC when the original mousefix was needed and many of us boxers moved to VideoFX layouts.

I can tell you with the single monitor layouts using the dev patch version the mouse does jump on click. I cant seem to replicate a specific unit amount or tendancy. On any click the screen camera look changes and the cursor seems to jump off to the left and up.

Another "feature" that has involved in the latest patch of the game is the UP arrow to bring the last command typed no longer works on any window for the chat dialogue.

Happy to upload setups etc if you want to peak at things.
For now I'll just go back to multiple monitor layouts until you can get things resolved.

Thanks in advance.
Percy
PreviousNext

Return to Other