Moderator: MiRai

<<

Percy

Post Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:34 am

Re: Dark Age of Camelot mouselook issue

was reading the game site and saw this hotfix patch posted as well:

Hot Fix Client Notes
Posted by John Thornhill | 2017 Mar 30 11:48 -0400 GMT
Barring any issues, this will be the last client update until patch 1.123. Thank you all for your patience and understanding as we have made some great strides behind the scenes with these changes to set the table for more comprehensive Ui/UX and client updates down the road. Notes below!

Made some adjustments to the way /qbinds and movement work if the /qbind uses a modifier+movement key:
By default, modifier keys still don't break player movement except in the following scenarios.
Movement keys are defined as forward, backward, turn left, turn right, strafe left, strafe right; autorun is not a movement key for these purposes. The following examples work the same regardless of which type of movement key is used.
Example 1: If a user has an ability bound to SHIFT+W and W is their move forward key, pressing SHIFT+W will only fire the /qbound ability now and will not move the character forward.
Example 2: If a user has an ability bound to SHIFT+X and W is their move forward key, pressing W will move the character forward and the user can still press their SHIFT+X /qbind and continue moving; so long as the user doesn't have a bind set to SHIFT+W. If the user does have a bind set to SHIFT+W in this scenario, their character will now stop.
Added new option to /keyboard window "Modifiers break move keys" that when toggled will cause any manual character movement (so not including autorun) to cease when ALT, CTRL, or SHIFT are pressed. This option allows for exactly how things worked prior to yesterday's client. By default this setting is NOT set.
Please note that custom UI developers will need to update their key_config.xml file in order for this new option to appear.
Changing from full-screen to a windowed client will no longer cause the windowed client to always appear in front of other windows or programs on the desktop.
Mouse cursor movement should once again be aligned after re-sizing the client's resolution
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:50 am

Thanks guys -- I will take care of this ASAP but am working remotely for the next few days, so my options are currently more limited than usual. There are things you can try on your own in the meantime (as we're discussing and I am suggesting), and the more info/ideas/posts we have here the better off we'll all be. I appreciate any extra info provided.

On any click the screen camera look changes and the cursor seems to jump off to the left and up.

This was (obviously) not my experience during testing. Usually this bug is related to the difference between the top left corner of the game window, and the top left corner of your monitor. Are you using a Window Layout where your main window is not anchored to the top left of the monitor? If so, try one that is and see if the behavior changes. In my testing, my game windows were all anchored to the top left corner of the monitor, and so this bug would not have been present (I am therefore asking you to do the same as a possible workaround).
<<

Percy

Post Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:02 am

Hi LAX, no hurry here; enjoy your business trip or personal time.

As for the testing, I did modify my test layout to be upper left corner main screen.
Also, for each of the 8 clients, I went into the OPTIONS and ensured each client was set to WINDOWED MODE and 1920 x 1080 rez. The new full screen windowed mode option was set as default in each of the character specific ini files you store for each of the client windows. The jump with the mouse cursor and the camera was greatly reduced but still existed.
I tried both single monitor and multiple monitor layouts.
I also tested with the new MouseLook option on and off.

I'll keep working on it, but for now it exists in every test.
I know the folks at broadsword seem to be putting some efforts into the UI and perhaps have begun to introduce anti-multibox hurdles.

Yes Mirai, running latest dev version of 1.15 build 6171
Videofx Layouts, basic setups.
<<

Percy

Post Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:56 am

Hi LAX, and DAoC Multiboxers. Checking in.
I have tried multiple layout setups. Multi-Screen and single Screen, upper left corner and even all overlayed on a single monitor.
The camera position moves on click and the mouse cursor moves considerably left.

Per Ysuro post, I have tried the Atlantis skin with default UI. I spoke to him in game as well, and he said it was working with -70 under atlantis skin but is broken again for him in the current dev release. I chatted with Rhildor in game and he is still having same problems as I have.

I have tried mouselook settings on and off as well as WINDOWS MODE and the new Full screen Windows mode.

For those of you that have it working currently, can you give some guidance on your setup?
Are you using MOJO to launch or using the team launcher in ISBOXER?
What version/release are you using with the current DAoC client?

Thanks,
Percy
<<

Percy

Post Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:44 pm

UPDATE: 4/10/17.
Out of curiosity I went back to the production build 6166 and everything is working as intended. Whatever code fixes are in the dev versions you are testing atm LAX you can ditch em.
My guess is that Broadsword did something in the last major and undid it in a hotfix minor.

Percy.
<<

Percy

Post Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:29 pm

add to above...mouse doesnt warp with current release but mouselook feature and pan camera (with mouse clicks/hold) are not working.
This version is stable for basic PvE but I am sure the mouselook features are important to others.

Percy
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:43 pm

Inner Space build 6172, now the development build of Inner Space, corrects the "warp" issue. I believe this is the last issue related to their mouse changes.
<<

delgarx

Post Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:24 pm

Hello all - I have been using ISBoxer/InnerSpace off and on for quite some time, but previously for World of Warcraft. I recently returned to Dark Age of Camelot. I installed ISBoxer and set up a new team using the Wizard (just 3 toons). I'm able to get it to log all 3 in, and key broadcasting is working as expected. I am able to click the mouse on the windows to interact with the UI.

My challenge is that I'm not able to mouselook at all. My left mouse button does not pan the camera and my right mouse button does not let me look move my character around - it's as though those actions are simply not working on the account I'm trying to drive from.

Since this is a relatively recent thread on mouselook issues I wanted to reach out and ask if anyone can offer me any advice on how to resolve this. I'm not able to gain any benefit from using the software if I cannot look around and move a character. Please let me know if there are any diagnostics/configuration files that I should attach to this in support.

Thanks! -Jay
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:14 pm

At the moment the fix for the mouselook issue is in the development build of Inner Space.

As with before, this is now the development build of Inner Space. (Instructions again for anyone new to the thread...) To try it out, right click Inner Space in the system tray (notification area) and select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.
<<

delgarx

Post Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:11 am

Thanks Lax, this is indeed working - I apologize, I misunderstood that the fix was already in the live build.
PreviousNext

Return to Other