FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Need Help!!, About tree of savior ...

Moderator: MiRai

<<

winoz7777

Post Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:33 am

Need Help!!, About tree of savior ...

Hi, I'm new here ( sry for newbie question )

From your instruction here : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7810&start=10
Launching your Character Set:
1. Close any running instance of Steam (steam.exe), Tree of Savior (client_tos.exe), or the Tree of Savior launcher (tos.exe). Note: If you auto login to Steam, you may need to manually sign out to switch accounts for this process.
2. Select your Character Set for launch; this should launch Steam and allow you to log in
3. Launch Tree of Savior through Steam
4. Select your Server in Tree of Savior
5. Use Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Escape) to do "End Task" on Steam.exe -- ONLY after you have done #4; DO NOT just close Steam or use Log out, as that will close Tree of Savior.
6. Repeat from Step #2

I have a problem at step 5 and 6, When I Use task manager to ending steam.exe , it just end steam's icon in the task manager but not end it really
and then I run other set , it fail because steam already log in by the previous one
Attachments
b.png
b.png (1.62 MiB) Viewed 7590 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:42 am

Re: Need Help!!, About tree of savior ...

I'm not sure why you felt the need to post this twice. Perhaps for twice as many answers?

Anyway.

Steam will end if you End Task it. Sometimes icons in the notification area don't disappear until you mouse over them, because the notification area doesn't check if the application that posted the icon is running, until you try to get a status from it, which doesn't happen until you attempt to access it.
You might also try to wait a little (like 10 - 30 secs) for it to close steam fully.
Also, you need to make sure that steam is not set to auto login. If it is, then when it attempts to run the second time, it will auto login the last logged in account, and probably complain that it is already running.
<<

moomink001

Post Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:53 am

I have a same issue too.
I end steam.exe in task manager then lunch others set steam again its login as previous account.
I absolutely sure that I never set auto login steam.
<<

winoz7777

Post Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:14 am

@bob Thank you for replying me

btw
1. I have no use autologin of steam
2. when I closing steam.exe by task manager , I have waiting for a while already then lauch other set/slot
but it appear as steam still login by the previous id that I just closed
3. already copying tree of savior folder as -1 ,-2,-3

hope we got any further help please....

Return to Other