FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tree Of Savior

Moderator: MiRai

<<

XeVeRe

Post Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:22 am

Re: Tree Of Savior

any updates on this at all? this is pretty much the only thing i wanted to use ISBoxer for
<<

gnetcham

Post Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:04 pm

have you tried to run the game via steam without isboxer and if so id try
Change back the isboxer Treeofsavior-1 back to treeofsavior and try to run it without isboxer it might update and then just change it back to -1
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:18 am

XeVeRe wrote:any updates on this at all? this is pretty much the only thing i wanted to use ISBoxer for
The problem is that it is not failing for others, so it would appear to be a local issue. Have you patched the normal install and then updated the extra copy folders with the current release? (which is the same as what gnetcham is suggesting).
<<

XeVeRe

Post Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:04 am

Hmm, not entirely certain what could be causing the issue then

I have the game installed under c:\games\steamlibrary, steam seems to launch fine under innerspace, but then when attempting to launch the game itself i end up with the launcher error; the folder doesn't seem to make a shred of difference since it works fine if i launch it without innerspace/ISBoxer (obvious first test otherwise wasting time if the base game won't even launch)

The only thing of note is that while troubleshooting this myself before coming to the forum, I tried messing around with folder permissions (Allow full) and security permissions to the game folder the game would *sometimes* launch (maybe 1of5 to 1of100), now it just refuses to launch at all (but i haven't been messing with the permissions and reset it to null)

Is there some way to test if there is folder pathing/permission issues with the way i've got my steam setup with ISBoxer? for example doing a fresh install of the game while under a profile?

Edit:
-I tried doing a fresh install, then running it with copy of TreeOfSavior-1, same issue
-Then I tried fresh installing DURING the ISBoxer Slot1 session; installed, game files verify, same error when launching game
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:13 am

When you launch the game normally via Steam, then it loads the game from the standard TreeOfSavior folder. When loading from Inner Space, using the ISBoxer Charactersets sub menu, or launching directly from the ISBoxer Toolkit, it should be using the profiles that are using the TreeOfSavior-X folders (where X is a number). If you launch the default profile in Inner Space, then it wont use the extra folders, which will potentially cause steam to complain that it is already running or log into the existing account.

If you have changed permissions on the extra folders, then the best option may be to delete those extra folders and recopy the original, patched install.

I know you are running steam, but you aren't attempting to play on the KR servers right ?
<<

XeVeRe

Post Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:43 pm

Nah, it's the NA servers, and like i said for the sake of troubleshooting the issue I basically reinstalled the game from scratch in order to try to give you guys as clear as possible a read on what might be causing the issue

The only conclusion I can reach is that either my ISBoxer configuration is messed up, or it's something to do with my system which I can't figure out

Kind of need some way to be able to distinguish the two scenarios, the game runs fine without ISBoxer, but even using the default GameSet ends up with the launcher error
<<

gnetcham

Post Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:52 pm

iam currently running on the NA servers and I have to manual patch game so it would run each time new updates came out what I would do is

Treeofsavior-1 I would change this back to Treeofsavior file name launch the game via steam let it update and switch it back treeofsavior-1
Treeofsavior-2
Treeofsavior-3
Treeofsavior-4
Treeofsavior-5

Do this for all your clients because for me atleast it would do a file patch via isboxer game launch .

I hope this would work for you because this was the main issiue I was having and getting a error much like yours
<<

XeVeRe

Post Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:28 pm

what do you mean by "manual patch"?, like when i do a fresh install of the game, it launches the patcher, does some stuff, then launches the game. If I move the game folder at all, it has to "re-patch", but it's through the automated patcher
<<

gnetcham

Post Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:43 pm

Well on mine when I try to do updates it bugs out and get cant find tos.exe errors atleast. but what I explaned fixes it for me.

Also might what to try a quick fix and see if you can run steam as admin

Link I found with Errors close to yours
https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/c ... _fix_this/

Other then that id think you would need to let one of the senior members remote control your pc so they can tinker with the settings as a last ditch effort
Attachments
steam.PNG
steam.PNG (52.41 KiB) Viewed 12043 times
<<

XeVeRe

Post Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:14 pm

already running steam as admin, as well as ISBoxer and the ToS Executable per the checkbox in pic, it's like the pathing that ISBoxer is pushing to the game is somehow breaking the games internal pathing which is why i was mentioning my game folder locations
Previous

Return to Other