FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DAOC Follow

Moderator: MiRai

<<

deryk69

Post Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:00 am

DAOC Follow

Hello,

Ok, I am newly returned to DAOC, used isboxer a long time ago and am having issue setting up isboxer for my 3 man team. I did the quick wizard setup tried alt f , nothing happens I trhied ctrl+alt+shift g and set the first person as my team to follow..assigned it alt f for all 3 toons of my team...still doesn't follow.

What am i missing?

thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:39 am

Re: DAOC Follow

Sounds like what you're missing is the follow/assist configuration. :D

You're telling me a bunch of keys you hit in the game, but if you didn't set it up in ISBoxer on the final page of the Quick Setup Wizard, then nothing is going to happen when you press Alt+F. As far as Ctrl+Shift+Alt+G, I am unclear on what you did after pressing it to "set the first person", and I also don't know where you put Alt+F -- which to be clear, you should not be putting anywhere.

So let's take a step back.

When you use the Quick Setup Wizard, the final page has a Follow/Assist Mode drop-down in the middle of it, and below that are options specifically for ... following and assisting. By default, the Hotkey (which you press) for making your toons follow you is Alt+F, and the one for assist is Alt+A. However, these are just buttons for you to press -- ISBoxer still needs to know what to press for the game to do things. Depending on the option you pick in the drop-down box, there are different settings you'll want to fill in to make following and assisting work.

1. An in-game Key Binding which does "Follow Target" (auto-follows your currently selected Target). There is no reason to set this to Alt+F.
2. An in-game Key Binding which does "Assist Target" (selects your Target's Target). There is no reason to set this to Alt+A.
3. An in-game Key Binding which Targets whoever you're going to Follow/Assist.

By default for DAOC, ISBoxer should be using "Target current Slot, then Follow/Assist Target". This means it has a table of F-keys it presses to target your party members. The table should automatically fill in with the correct keys for DAOC, but ISBoxer still needs to know the in-game key bindings for Follow Target and Assist Target.

I don't know what changes you've made to your ISBoxer configuration to try to get it to work, but what I would suggest is to go to File, select Clear (use Save As first if you have stuff you want to back up) and then use the Quick Setup Wizard again. On the last page, make sure to fill in the Game Key Bindings for Follow Target and Assist Target, and that should pretty much make it work.
<<

deryk69

Post Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:26 pm

Thank you! I will give it a try when i get home from work.
<<

deryk69

Post Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:04 am

Ok, I don't think in ingame macro's there is a way to say /follow deryk69 I can make a
/target deryk69
and a
/stick or shift s
but it's 2 separate macro's If deryk69 is the group leader of a 3 man party, if party members 2 and 3 press F1 they would target the group leader. Not sure how to set up the ingame keybindings. I saw something about target being the group leader (but i think that is only on isboxer side) and assigned to alt f i chose it to ingame combo of shift s didn't work either.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:34 am

The "Target current Slot, then Follow/Assist Target" method that Lax mentioned has ISBoxer send the appropriate F1 - F6 key for the active character (which is setup during the wizard, and defined in a table for each character set so can be updated afterwards if necessary), and then send your Follow command (or Stick if you like) or your Assist command (depending on what you are doing). IIRC, for DoAC the only thing you need to setup as a macro in game is a basic /assist macro (although it's been a while so this might a standard binding).

Yes this is "two" macros, or keystrokes in this case, but ISBoxer is able to send a keystroke to the game when you press the hotkey down, and send another keystroke to the game when you let go of the hotkey, effectively giving you two possible keystrokes to the game, for every press and release action of a physical key.

This method is covered in this video if you want some more info on it, and described on this Wiki page.
<<

deryk69

Post Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:57 am

Thanks, the video helps...I have them now all auto following me once we are in a group. I think since the game does not have a straightforward command for assist other then /assist (character name) I can make a macro /macro assistderyk69 /assist deryk69 then make a quick bind and assign it to a letter on the keyboard(maybe add shift or something so when typing it doesn't go off) then give that letter to isboxer and it should make Alt A activate the quick bind. Will try that part when I get home.

thanks again
deryk

Return to Other