Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:26 am

ArcheAge 3.0? Crash-y?

Followed this: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7165

-Very crashy/glitchy/freezy

-Mouse broadcast freezes entire set of toons and i have to relog them all :(

-Fought it for hours trying to get a good configuration that didn't crash/freeze

-Window layout is ignored and all alt-boxes (on other monitor) are stacked onto of each other in the same spot.

-Hotkey for screen swapping (ctrl+alt+1, etc) isn't very solid and tends to lose focus (can't hold ctrl+alt and hotswap between other windows...have to constantly re-press the modifiers). <== never had this happen in other games with isboxer

-Needs DX11 support

-Updating your isboxer profile -> saving -> exporting freezes all instances open so you can't troubleshoot issues while the game launches. Means it's very time consuming to troubleshoot options :(

Hopefully with the fresh start servers bringing a lot of people in we'll see more support for ArcheAge :mrgreen:

Cheers friendos
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:38 am

Re: ArcheAge 3.0? Crash-y?

I am working on a few issues related to Glyph/AA.

But, I can help with a couple of those points:
-Window layout is ignored and all alt-boxes (on other monitor) are stacked onto of each other in the same spot.

This is most likely due to using the same instance of Glyph to launch all of them. You must close the launcher (Glyph) after the game instance is launched. (ISBoxer 42: Quick Start Guide: For a game requiring a launcher) Otherwise, ISBoxer thinks it's supposed to be the character from the instance Glyph was launched for. If it's never closed, all of them are the same character to ISBoxer, so they all go in the same spot.

-Hotkey for screen swapping (ctrl+alt+1, etc) isn't very solid and tends to lose focus (can't hold ctrl+alt and hotswap between other windows...have to constantly re-press the modifiers). <== never had this happen in other games with isboxer

I believe this should be different depending on whether the Slot activate Hotkey is set to global or not. If it's set to global (default) you should be able to hold down ctrl and alt. If it's not set to global, you should have to re-press ctrl and alt.
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:13 pm

lax wrote:I am working on a few issues related to Glyph/AA.

But, I can help with a couple of those points:

This is most likely due to using the same instance of Glyph to launch all of them. You must close the launcher (Glyph) after the game instance is launched. (ISBoxer 42: Quick Start Guide: For a game requiring a launcher) Otherwise, ISBoxer thinks it's supposed to be the character from the instance Glyph was launched for. If it's never closed, all of them are the same character to ISBoxer, so they all go in the same spot.

I believe this should be different depending on whether the Slot activate Hotkey is set to global or not. If it's set to global (default) you should be able to hold down ctrl and alt. If it's not set to global, you should have to re-press ctrl and alt.

Thanks fam, I'll mess around with isboxer more for resource management reasons. :)
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:40 pm

As for the issues you're working on i assume it has to do with the glyphcraftreport thing that pops up with every instance? I also noticed glyph stops opening past like 3 or 4 clients :( ?
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:44 am

So frustrating to try and multibox with ISBoxer :cry:

Glyph is VERY unhappy about isboxer. It will randomly stop opening at all after about the first or second client. It is rare that I can get it past the 3rd or 4th client. I'm not sure if it is related to having "Glyphcrashhandler" or w/e it is that shows up in my task manager?

Instances that are being handled by isboxer also seem to suffer from "focus-itis" where only the window in focus has loading priority. When they're in the background they lose like 80% loading priority and will actually lose connection if I don't focus over to them? I don't seem to have this issue when i just open the clients in their own individual windows? I've tried turning off/on the "make game think it's in foreground" or w/e that option is but it doesn't seem to help :mrgreen: .

Hopefully it gets figured out :D!
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:56 am

Does anyone know how to prevent isboxer from spawning tons of "GlyphCrashHandler.exe"? It's preventing further glyphs from opening if Isboxer doesn't open one correctly.

Also, cannot use dynamic launch setting as it suffers severely from screen-switch issues.

Any help would be appreciated :)!

Return to Other