FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DAOC Multiboxing concerns (current?)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mojoguy01

Post Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:33 pm

DAOC Multiboxing concerns (current?)

So, I was part of the original few (pre-isboxer) that used to multibox DAOC for years ever since Shrouded Isle up until about 3years ago when their internal policy around multiboxxing changed.

The change, was that ANY form of multiboxxing was not acceptable (except for having a buffbot that followed you around and you had to manually click to cast etc).

Has this changed? All 8 of my accounts were hit years ago with a 3 days warning-suspension around multiboxxing (not even using Isboxer, but a different key repeating software similar to AHK). It wasn't detected as software, but I was manually suspended by a GM watching me casting too quickly between toons (Aka: key repeating).

Is this still a concern, or did they change their minds when they saw all the multiboxers leave and their subs plummeted :) ?

Thanks!

ps: To clarify, I do NOT multibox in pvp as that's lame. I only care about PVE multiboxxing, and only use a main + an afk buffbot in pvp.
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:23 pm

Re: DAOC Multiboxing concerns (current?)

[Update]: Do NOT multibox in ANY zone that can have pvp/rvr.

This includes:
Darkness Falls
Minotaur underground zones (I forget what they're called?)
That RvR dungeon for 50+ (again, forget what it's called) where the entrance is out in New Frontiers.

Just had my new 6box perma-banned because I was doing the questing in bg's for the quick levels & BountyPoint gear. I never killed a single player, but was apparently reported by another realm member who saw me rolling around doing quests & leveling. CSR kindly responded in-game, and asked me to log out. All accounts closed permanently :(. Not even a "hey don't go into a pvp zone again with your multibox".

However, the CSR clearly defined the issue as multiboxxing in a PVP zone, and NOT that I was simply multiboxxing. So most likely PVE zones are hunky dory, but NEVER box outside of PVE even once.

My mistake was thinking that if I was just doing PVE, and not actively trying to PvP, that i'd be left alone.

Shame on me :(
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:55 pm

Thanks for the report.

That is a bit sucky, and would be good if they made that clear on their site if that is how they are going to roll. It is good in some ways that there is the path to multiboxing DAoC if you want. It would be better if they made these boundaries clear on their site, but I guess they aren't keen on actively promoting it. Hopefully your findings will be useful to others in the future.
<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:21 pm

Found a link to their new rules that I wished I had seen before. I wouldn't have been out 40hours of hard work, but it's easy to work around their new perspective.

After YEARS of hating on Multiboxing/Macro-groups they've changed their stance quite heavily.

New rules found here near the bottom: http://darkageofcamelot.com/article/pro ... t-cheating

TLDR:
->Macroing/Multiboxxing in PVE and PVE/PVP zones (DF, Minotaur lab, and the RvR PVE zone [though traveling to and fro is a risk]) is completely allowed now.
->DO NOT MULTIBOX/MACRO IN ANY BG OR FRONTIERS ZONE. Even if all you're doing is pveing as pve aspects in RVR/BG zones are meant to encourage random RvR/PVP encounters.

Otherwise we're being left alone to our own devices.

A BIG CAVEAT IS TO NOT USE FREE TRIAL ACCOUNTS, EVER, FOR MULTIBOXING! Use a paid account or leave the game alone.

How to work around for BG gear/exp:
->Don't macro when leveling in BG's for the awesome gear and exp. Simply take your toons two at a time, without macroing, out in pve groups at a time. Avoid prime-times for BGs for the more active ones (thidranki, molvik, leirvik). If you die leave it be, wait some time, and go back out. Dieing does nothing negative for you, and feeds non-multiboxers. You won't be reported for macroing if, for instance, your minstrel has your buffbot stuck to you for getting kill credit on PVE quests you're completely fine so long as you're not macroing your healer with your minstrel. Play them normal without key broadcasting and you'll be fine. This will take longer to level, and gear, but will get you there well within the rules.

THIS month ONLY, there is a double exp modifier, AND a crafting speed modifier. If you want to come back like me THIS is the time to do it :)!

I hope to see all of you again in DAOC, and maybe we can get an Origins server launched :D!

Return to Other