FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DAoC with ISBoxer post Broadsword patch 1.121

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Percy

Post Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:07 pm

DAoC with ISBoxer post Broadsword patch 1.121

To all you ISBoxer DAoC players looking for a Multibox solution post patch 1.121 (August 2016) I figured I would save you reading through a long thread and report to you that LAX and team has a workaround for the Mouse broadcast issue introduced in this patch. This is resolved by not shrinking the game windows and using a Video-FX based Window layout instead of how you may traditionally have used Boxer to Team in DAoC.

With the current version of Boxer, set up a Video FX-based Window Layout either manually by following MiRai's video.

Use of ISBoxer 42 Beta works as well. Here are the simple wizard steps using 42 Beta to get basic functionality working in Camelot.

Start InnerSpace and Add game (of course DAoC) but also add DXNothing in the Innerspace directory
Start the wizard to create your team...

1) Add chars...

2) Choose Use Video FX - True (right hand side)
Select Layout - choose an option that works best for your monitor layout - With 2 monitors, I used the second option for best results (Multi-monitor on \\.\DISPLAY1 and \\.\DISPLAY2 (Swapping,Leave Hole,Maintain Aspect,Avoid Taskbar)

3) Default CPU strategy or whatever you like here

4) MMO standard controls, Check Basic Broadcasting of 1 thru = and make sure auto-assist is un-checked

Once wizard is complete, choose your team and go to the lower right pane and move to the Virtual Mapped Keys Tab. X out all options on this tab for basic functionality (again, this is get me started instructions - I am a basic mboxer)

Export and Run.
Enjoy!

One note - you need to KILL the DXNOTHING process after you close down your team if you intend to reload another team or something else as it seems to hook itself to your current launch.

I invite other Boxers to post tips, ideas, etc for Dark Age of Camelot.
Thanks to LAX for his patience with me to get this up and running again with click through broadcasting, etc.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:18 pm

Re: DAoC with ISBoxer post Broadsword patch 1.121

ISBoxer 42.0.0906.1 (beta build today) now disables the Auto-Assist check box by default for games other than World of Warcraft. This makes the default broadcasting of 1 through = function the same as it did in ISBoxer 41.

With the fix, the Follow/Assist Mode can be set to anything you want because these only change what is activated by pressing Alt+A and Alt+F; if you do not use those, it has no effect on your setup. (Unless you manually tick the auto-assist box. Then it breaks exactly the same way as it broke for you before.)

I keep explaining this to you but because the Follow/Assist Mode box has worked for you, I don't think you have looked for this check box. I make that assumption because your latest screenshots with Follow/Assist Mode set to None still have auto-assist checked. I edited your post to reflect that someone should be looking for the check box, NOT the drop-down. Either way, get the new build (during the beta you must manually download from the new URL) and it is corrected for you. :)
<<

Percy

Post Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:11 am

Re: DAoC with ISBoxer post Broadsword patch 1.121

Sorry I missed that....

Return to Other