FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DC Universe

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ditch

Post Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:22 pm

DC Universe

Having a 'lock' issue when attempting 2-box. Game login works, starts to launch game, but locks right at the first warning screen. Didn't see anyone else post on this, but I'm in the closed beta. I'm going to try to bump a few settings and see if I can get it to jump to life. Since it's SOE, I used the same basic settings as EQ2. Launcher is for the most part same as the others (graphically different). I know this isn't much to start with, just wanting to get something started to work out the issue with my setup. Thanks.

Ditch
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:27 am

Re: DC Universe

I'm not in the beta, so I won't have an opportunity to fix it until the game is more generally available :P Appreciate the notes, of course -- I wouldn't expect there to be a setting that will fix it, though.

Let me know if you find out anything
<<

Ditch

Post Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:19 pm

Is there any way to do a debug mode or some log dump? The game runs fine on the PC outside of IS. I do not loose PC functionality. To get it to clear, I just log out and back in. IS's FPS monitor in the upper left stops updating, video stops advancing. Even if I hit the key to skip the video, it still locks.

Ditch

Edit: It's based on the Unreal3 engine. It's DX9 and appears to be just like their Vanguard setup. I've changed things around so the "additional features" are of Vanguard. I can only get it to run at all with the Dev(test) version. From IS, I can run the "single" profile option and game is fully playable, but when I try to run it as a multi-box (just 2 characters) the game window starts up and locks.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:32 pm

IS 1.11 build 5335 should fix DC Universe compatibility a bit.

One thing that you will probably notice in this build is that the mouse cursor is usually restricted to the game window because of the constant mouselook, but ISBoxer currently disables that. So you might end up clicking on another window when you're trying to shoot or attack. What virtually every other game does in this particular situation is constantly re-center the mouse while mouselook is in effect.

Anyway, I do have a solution in mind, but I wanted to get this build available for you to try. Let me know whatever other issues you run into
<<

Ditch

Post Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:05 pm

Okay, that was the magic. There is a slight stutter/hang point right at the same spot. The FPS stops updating for 3-4 seconds, then rolls on to launch. I am able to get into character and play. I'll attempt some play later on tonight.

I'm not really sure how boxing will work out in DCU. Your main attacks are left/right clicks, fight with the mouse all the time, while there are specials that are tied to your number row. I have 2 accounts in Beta right now, so I'll see what I can end up doing with the tab target setup and click fighting.

Thanks a ton for taking the time.

Ditch

Edit: I went back to try for both accounts this time. Once I've launched the first game, the second one hangs after hitting the "play" button. I'm able to hit the X to close the launcher window, but the second instance will not launch. I'm going to see if I can get a two folder setup to work, but at 15 Gig that really bites if they are locking files. I'm out of pocket for a day or so. Will do some checking this weekend to see what I can turn up.
<<

Ditch

Post Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:47 am

I'm going to have to work on the local setup. Two instances of the game will not start up at all. I've been trying with 2 from same folder, will see if I can copy the install and do that way. Right now, it appears the game either blocks or just doesn't support more then one on a PC.

Ditch
<<

Ditch

Post Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:22 pm

2 copy setup works. I can get both to launch and get into game play. It's a bit nuts with your attacks being left/right clicks with specials on keys 1-10. Thanks for the quick fix the other day with the launching issues. Just going to be a pain to have 15 Gig game copied/patched multiple times. Perhaps toward live this might change, who knows. Enjoy!

Ditch

Return to Other