FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Wildstar - Configuration

Moderator: MiRai

<<

GShock75

Post Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:35 am

Wildstar - Configuration

First Off, please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong section...

I know ISBoxer has been around for a while, I used to use it long ago, on RIFT back before the glyph launcher was implemented, and I recently bought a new laptop ASUS G572 w/ Nvida GTX980m w/ G-Sync, 32 GB Ram, i7, and Samsung 950 Pro SSD and unfortunately running Windows 10 but i'm getting used to it. I am sure it has the capabilities to run just about anything I throw at it, in almost any resolution setting all the way to ultra which I rarely ever use.

Good to see Bob and Mirai are still around and on the boards, so many software developers these days make a cool software product, only to make their quick money and then become ghosts....

So I purchased a 90 DAY Sub to get rolling Have the latest Innerspace (Have the Download Development and Patch at Startup both checked and operating) Downloaded a client of Wildstar (I wanted a game that I have never played before that didn't have a sub fee, and didn't have a all inclusive launcher for multiple games, i.e. GLYPH or Battle.Net}

One thing to keep in mind, as I describe the issues I am having, I AM LEFT HANDED, so I BIND MY KEYS to the 10-KEY and surrounding KEYS ON THE RIGHT SIDE, then USE THE MOUSE TO TURN AND MOVE.

I can get 3 or 4 clients all working together logged in ready to roll, but that's where everything falls apart, and I adhere strictly to KEY MAP "on" and BROADCAST "off" while on all 3 or 4 clients, I move the overlay boxes over the action keys, then sync all the windows, save all the windows so I don't have to rebuild the screens every time. I am wondering if binding the actions to the 10-Key is having adverse reactions to my game set up, and the reason I ask, I CAN NOT GET the FOLLOW to work, not at all, and the latest weird thing that is going on, on my primary screen (Character One) I press an action button on the 10 key and all the clients are using the same exact keybinds, the 2 or 3 other clients execute the command, while the first or primary screen stands there and does nothing.

I realize these are probably very "noobish" mistakes by either something I overlooked, or conflicting with keybinding to the the 10key, but I have tried setting up the commands in ISBoxer, Follow-Num7, Assist-Num8, Interact-Num9 etc, I have even tried it with out any keys assigned, as in bob's video it says that ISBoxer takes care of it for you, but I can't even get that to work.

I know ISBoxer works, I have used it before, but for the life of me I can't remember how to set it up correctly. Help will be appreciated,

http://pastebin.com/kMJz20bk

Thanks in advance,

G

P.S. I hope you all are enjoying the 4th of July weekend
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:36 am

Re: Wildstar - Configuration

I assume we're going to need to see your profile to see what you've done up to this point.
<<

GShock75

Post Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:13 pm

I posted it in the original message, its near the bottom of the post.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:25 pm

I've not made a video, but thanks for the vote!.

Anyway. Assist and Follow aren't working (from ISBoxer) because, under Variable Keystrokes -> Assist Target, and Variable Keystrokes -> Follow Target, there is no default combination set, and these are what are being sent to the game as part of the Follow Me and Assist Me mapped keys. Now whether there is actually anything to bind in game, Idk that, I've not tried setting up Wildstar.

The other things where some inputs are actioned and others aren't, Idk on that either. Everything else looks to be configured reasonably. I would suggest that if you have GForce Experience installed, that you remove it, or see if you can prevent it from mucking around with your game settings. It is possible it is setting the game graphics to a point where it is causing a problem with the input.

Hopefully you can get it worked out.

Return to Other