FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tree of Savior

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mojoguy01

Post Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:57 pm

Re: Tree of Savior

Why??

There's no auto-assist, no follow system, etc.

This is a VERY action oriented game, and highly movement dependent. It doesn't make sense to support it :o .

Just a question honestly.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:57 pm

Mojoguy01 wrote:Why??

There's no auto-assist, no follow system, etc.

None of those things normally exist in any Action RPG game (e.g D3, PoE, Devilian). Is ToS all that much different?

Mojoguy01 wrote:This is a VERY action oriented game, and highly movement dependent. It doesn't make sense to support it :o .

Just a question honestly.

I would assume it's because people asked for support, and then Lax made it happen. There's probably not much more to it than that. I mean... If people ask for support and Lax can do it, should he say, "No, sorry... this game looks too difficult for a human being to multibox, and I'm not going to support it for that reason." I certainly cannot speak for him, but It seems odd that he would say something like that.
<<

okxx

Post Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:22 pm

hello, can someone help me?
can't launch game after ToS 3-7-17 patch

http://imgur.com/a/0qd9L

i tried delete all game folder(TreeOfSavior-1~TreeOfSavior-3) and re-install ToS but not working
<<

okxx

Post Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:04 am

okxx wrote:hello, can someone help me?
can't launch game after ToS 3-7-17 patch

http://imgur.com/a/0qd9L

i tried delete all game folder(TreeOfSavior-1~TreeOfSavior-3) and re-install ToS but not working

can other ppl use ISBOXER on TOS?
is this problem individual on me?
<<

luminousspace

Post Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:57 pm

Does ps4 or f710 controller work for anyone? i cant get it work in isboxer, but its running fine outside isboxer. I was planning to sub isboxer but since i cant use controller pretty useless for me cant play this game with it....
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:42 pm

luminousspace wrote:Does ps4 or f710 controller work for anyone? i cant get it work in isboxer, but its running fine outside isboxer. I was planning to sub isboxer but since i cant use controller pretty useless for me cant play this game with it....

If you're using third-party software to program your control to work with the game, then that software needs to be running with administrative privileges.
<<

luminousspace

Post Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:02 am

tried that, for both ds4 windows and inputmapper but none are working @.@...... btw ds4 controller can work without 3rd party software too, im always use the controller without any software installed ran just fine
<<

Teel

Post Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:13 am

Having problems bringing up the second client, is this still working fine for others?

I'm following the steps on page 2 except I'm not using ISBoxer just IS not sure if that will affect it. I only want my second client open to be able to play the market and potentially benefit from some buffs that only require that account to afk on the same map as me.

Setup Portion:
Download and setup Inner Space
Rightclick Add Game->Steam(Steam.exe)
Copied TreeOfSavior folder and renamed the copy to TreeOfSavior-1 (Already fullscreen so I skipped it)

Launching:
Launched Steam through Inner Space 'Just Launch Steam'
Launched Tree of Savior
Chose server (Now looking at characters in my Lodge)
Killed steam through Process Hacker 'Terminate' which is the equivalent to 'End Task'
Launched Steam through Inner Space a second time
Logged into second account
Launched Tree of Savior
Received a message that you cannot have more than one Tree of Savior instance open at a time.

I'm assuming that I'm missing something that ISBoxer would take care of in running the second TreeOfSavior with the different folder name so I'll try it out, but it's not really that piece of software I'm interested in.

Going to try again with ISBoxer and see if it will solve the issue I'm having.
-------------------
Edit: Tested by grabbing ISBoxer and doing the Quick Setup Wizard. It works great.

-------------------
Edit2:
I'm having an issue where I can't get the controller to work with either client and I primarily play controller, does anyone have a solution for this? I'm assuming I'll have to switch to using something like XPadder instead of the native game support?

It ended up not worth the effort for me personally, but I would still suggest it for anyone looking to dual boot for other purposes, or that doesn't primarily use the controller to play.

I use a PS3 controller with Mayflash to pass all input as Xbox 360 controller, I might also have software setup that's helping with this but I am hesitant to uninstall it just to get this working, doesn't seem worth the pain for my particular instance.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:50 pm

Just going to say, that yep, as you've discovered ISBoxer also does a few things which help with Steam/TOS. There are some virtual files it sets which are coded into ISBoxer and not configured via the UI.

Teel wrote:Edit2:
I'm having an issue where I can't get the controller to work with either client and I primarily play controller, does anyone have a solution for this? I'm assuming I'll have to switch to using something like XPadder instead of the native game support?

It ended up not worth the effort for me personally, but I would still suggest it for anyone looking to dual boot for other purposes, or that doesn't primarily use the controller to play.

I use a PS3 controller with Mayflash to pass all input as Xbox 360 controller, I might also have software setup that's helping with this but I am hesitant to uninstall it just to get this working, doesn't seem worth the pain for my particular instance.
Not sure if this is your issue, but generally most devices with additional controller software will need to be run as Admin when used with games under Inner Space. Inner Space is an admin process and it launches the games as admin processes, so in order for your controller software to send commands from out of focus it will also need to be admin.

Your mayflash thingy appears to be a hardware device though so the above may not count if it does not have specific software running for it to work. The only other thing that comes to mind is:

On the other hand, the native game support for controllers may end up being one of those things that would need updates to Inner Space to support that particular library if it is not using DirectX/XInput.
<<

Teel

Post Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:47 pm

Ah, yeah I have that checked by default, I guess it did it for Tree of Savior by default.

I believe there might be a process that I have that runs to turn it into 360 software, but it's not a standard application that would be running, I've looked through all of my currently running applications. Couldn't find it in services either so I'll have to look over it again.

The Mayflash comes with a driver CD (which unfortunately I've lost since I've had the thing for years, I'm sure I have it around but y'kno) and it's not available on their website.
I keep it in Xinput mode so in Device Manager it just shows as "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows", which I assume means it should be treated as such. Tree of Savior has no problem grabbing it nor has any other game I've tried it with (PoE, DFO, some single player games), just not working with IS is all.

I ran buttontest.iss and everything shows fine there, but from what I understood reading that it only means that it's native support can be setup, not that it is.
Seems to be reading it fine from here!

I've also checked this particular setting with hopes it would fix my issue. I don't know why I thought it would help, but yeah it didn't.

I tried going to Key Maps (at this point Iwas messing with stuff I have no idea what i'm doing just trying anything that sounds like it could remotely help somehow). Tried Mapped Key Wizard and manually, neither way worked of course because it probably had nothing to do with what I was looking for hehe.

It looks like the solution here may help me get what I want consideringI don't care about the second window being controlled with a controller at all, it's literally just to sit in town and play market.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=6321

Realistically even if I could turn off any hotkeys/toggles/etc that is provided by ISBoxer that would be fine with me because I can just click the other screen and check the market now and then and that's it, as long as I can play with the controller on the main that's all 'I' realistically want.

On my Mayflash I'm in Xinput mode (This was setup previously and it's the mode that makes it appear to be a 360 controller, the other mode Dinput allows up to 4 controllers so I believe it would cause more grief)
XPadder in admin mode with XInput disabled.

Now, what IS working however is if I do all of the above and set Xpadder to bind to keyboard keys it actually works!
The downside to this is my goal isn't to turn it into keyboard keys but to keep them as the controller keys because the way the game handles controller is pretty good.
I wouldn't be able to make use of this layout at all if I used it through Xpadder converting it to keyboard keys.

So since this didn't do what I wanted to exactly, one last test I switched my Mayflash to Dinput, tried booting ToS regularly and it worked.
Tried through ISBoxer and unfortunately it did not.

My last attempt was going into Edit Input Device Editor which I just found, I found my Input Device there with all the buttons! I made a New Key Set, moved everything over, hit Save, booted Inner Space and tried to load. It also did not work.

I put it back on Xinput and tried the samething. Just in case I was crazy I also went ahead and went to Control Panel->Devices and Printers->Game Controller->Properties and ran the Test, all buttons are noticed just fine as if a 360 controller.
After checking the wiki I was very aware this was futile and that did something else entirely.

That's about all I can think to try, but if anyone has anything else I'd love to hear it. Right now I'm just running on the free trial so I got 7~ days to try things out if it works or not.
PreviousNext

Return to Other