FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Dragon Saga Support?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Canerunus1

Post Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:42 pm

Dragon Saga Support?

Hello,

I tried using ISBoxer to multibox Dragon Saga. The configuration etc. works. The Game starts up wihtout ISBoxer and starts with ISBoxer, but I can't run a second instance of the game. I get the error:" Patcher* is already running" (*Patcher is the launcher). I also tried the same thing with the game client and I get "game client is already running". So it's basicly the same thing as I would want to launch 2 or more instances of the game without ISBoxer. Isn't Dragon Saga supported? It should be, because I can run one instance of the game via ISBoxer. I also don't think, there is any hackshield (no indicator at startup). Any idea what I could try?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:55 pm

Re: Dragon Saga Support?

Not every MMO out there is tested. It may work, if you are lucky.

First, You probably need to close the Launcher/Patcher between each game instance coming up. This is pretty standard with all multiboxing clients. As some don't have an auto close feature, you may need to close it yourself, or even terminate it (via task manager for example). If the game closes because the launcher/patcher is not running, then you may be out of luck. That would mean the launcher/patcher is operating as the game protection.

Second, you need to find what it is using to detect that a game client is already running. The most common is a mutex or a semaphore. You can find out what these are by using something like Process Explorer, selecting the game process, pressing CTRL+H (for the handle view), and then looking at the handles for the mutants or semaphores. There is usually an obviously named one (among a few standard ones for Windows and other services). Although I have come across a couple that were just guids so not easy to know. If you get stuck provide a screenshot of them mutants and semaphores and we can do some guessing. Anyway, when you figure out which one it is, set it up as a Virtual File, using the Virtual File Wizard, select Other as the game type, the name of the file is the mutant, and then select all characters it should apply to.

Return to Other