FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ArcheAge v1.7/b6.8

Moderator: MiRai

<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:29 pm

ArcheAge v1.7/b6.8

You can now use use IS/ISBoxer to play ArcheAge since XL/Trion have dropped HackShield. However, it may be short-lived since they're actively looking for other alternatives, but regardless, you should be familiar with what they do and don't allow. This means that you're pretty much restricted to window management, rotation management, or small-scale gameplay (e.g. a pocket healer or something along those lines). If you're expecting to start up a medium-to-large army of characters, then it will only be a matter of time before your accounts are actioned.

What You Need To Know:

• It's probably easiest to just choose RIFT as the game to use in the Quick Setup Wizard since it will assign some virtual files from the start that you will need (GlyphClient.cfg). You can delete the RIFT-specific virtual files after you're finished with the wizard.
  • If you'd like to use per-client game settings, then use the Virtual File Wizard in ISBoxer to add system.cfg to your characters, as well.
  • Set the game clients to use FULLSCREEN MODE—If you do not, then your mouse cursor will not match the on-screen position correctly. Windowed may work as well, but fullscreen worked flawlessly. DO NOT USE borderless window at this time. If you're editing the system.cfg files directly, then set the line r_fullscreen to 1.
  • Game clients will need to use a standard resolution (i.e. a resolution that is listed in the game's video settings). Trying to force the game client to use a non-standard resolution (e.g. 1920x900) resulted in it reverting to 1366x768 and launching in windowed mode. This means that you will have to design your window layout around standard resolutions which exist in the game client already.
  • Initially, you may need to cycle between your game clients after they've launched to get them into the correct place in your Window Layout.
  • If the cursor is not positioned correctly while trying to edit settings such as resolution or display mode, then just edit the system.cfg file(s).
  • You can configure a key binding for follow in the game's settings if you so desire.
  • Only DX9 currently works. (Updated 11/18)
  • I do not know if the game client requires that Mapped Keys use the HOLD option in order to correctly send modifiers.
  • Yes, you need to use the Glyph Client to launch each game client (someone will ask this).

This is all I've got at the moment, and while the above list isn't necessarily set in stone as true, they were my experiences over the past few hours of messing around with everything.

A few things to note...

• Lax will most likely fix a handful of the things listed in the above list.
  • The image shown in the first link was just a test to see if the game clients launched and ran smoothly—I would personally not suggest running five characters simultaneously as a single unit.
  • Each game client was running on the highest settings (no anti-aliasing) in DX11 using 60/30 @ 1920x1080 and it was maxing out the GPU (Titan-X), but gameplay was still smooth. I can get some better numbers tomorrow after I skip the intro story for those interested.
<<

GoTiK2

Post Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:40 pm

Re: ArcheAge v1.7/b6.8

Yes please, more info and details are appreciated. I just re-subbed for a year based on hackshield being gone. Washoping archeage would allow me to open multiple games via ISBoxer. I hated logging off and on to work on my alt accounts.

1. Launching the game, what I added to InnerSpace
- main executable: glyphclient.exe
- parameters: -game 120
- path: i:\games\glyph

Thanks MiRai.

PS? LAX please make this work <3
PPS? Where in the world is (GlyphClient.cfg) ??
<<

GoTiK2

Post Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:35 pm

no love? MiRai / Lax ?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:37 pm

GoTiK2 wrote:no love? MiRai / Lax ?

I'm not seeing a question to answer or an issue to address? Are you asking about GlyphClient.cfg? It's located in C:\Users\ACCOUNT\AppData\Local\Glyph, but you don't have to know where it's at since ISBoxer handles everything related to it.
<<

GoTiK2

Post Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:17 pm

Thanks for the info MiRai, I was very confusing and you nailed exactly what I wanted to know. You rock!

Also: "Lax will most likely fix a handful of the things listed in the above list."
Any word from Joe?

Love,
GoTiK!
<<

pinki104

Post Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:21 pm

does this game have follow and assist ?
<<

GoTiK2

Post Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:21 pm

pinki104 wrote:does this game have follow and assist ?

Follow yes, not assist.
<<

GoTiK2

Post Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:33 pm

Im having a problem where the 1st character on my team that I load comes up with its configuration intact, like chat tabs customizations, video quality settings, etc. But the following characters just come back up with all the default game settings, so I have to reset all my tabs and video settings each time I re-log my team, except for the 1st one. Not the 1st on the team but the 1st I load, this is, if I load 1st my 4th team member, it will load up all its saved settings ok, but then the rest will not. I was wondering if is being written to a control file that I need to virtualize? I have no clue, can anyone help?

Im currently virtualizing 2 files, glyphclient.cfg and system.cfg:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Box xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<ObjectType>ISBoxer_Toolkit.Configs.VirtualFile</ObjectType>
<SerializedObject>&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?&gt;
&lt;VirtualFile xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"&gt;
&lt;Name&gt;GlyphClient.cfg&lt;/Name&gt;
&lt;Description&gt;GlyphClient.cfg stores your last-played RIFT (Glyph) account name and other Glyph settings. This Virtual File allows different GlyphClient.cfg files per Character.&lt;/Description&gt;
&lt;/VirtualFile&gt;</SerializedObject>
</Box>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Box xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<ObjectType>ISBoxer_Toolkit.Configs.VirtualFile</ObjectType>
<SerializedObject>&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?&gt;
&lt;VirtualFile xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"&gt;
&lt;Name&gt;system.cfg&lt;/Name&gt;
&lt;Description /&gt;
&lt;/VirtualFile&gt;</SerializedObject>
</Box>
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:21 pm

GoTiK2 wrote:Im having a problem where the 1st character on my team that I load comes up with its configuration intact, like chat tabs customizations, video quality settings, etc. But the following characters just come back up with all the default game settings, so I have to reset all my tabs and video settings each time I re-log my team, except for the 1st one. Not the 1st on the team but the 1st I load, this is, if I load 1st my 4th team member, it will load up all its saved settings ok, but then the rest will not. I was wondering if is being written to a control file that I need to virtualize? I have no clue, can anyone help?

Im currently virtualizing 2 files, glyphclient.cfg and system.cfg:

We see that you are virtualizing those 2 files, but we would need to see what they are being virtualized as per Character to say much. (e.g. from sharing your configuration)

Select the virtual file in the top left pane, then in the bottom left pane select each Character and it should let you configure the "Virtualize as" filename. Normally that should be like glyphclient-charname.cfg and system-charname.cfg. If you put in paths or anything that Windows wont allow in a filename (e.g. a *) that would prevent this character from loading or saving the file.

Return to Other