FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Allods Online Support?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

hephaestus

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:31 am

Allods Online Support?

Does anyone know whether Innerspace and/or ISBoxer will work with Allods Online? I can't say enough about ISBoxer and have used it in WoW and LOTRO, I was hoping to use it in Allods as I will be switching to the game and hope the multibox solution I have come to rely on will function (crossing fingers...).

For those of you who haven't tried Allods or have heard it is just another WoW clone, I would suggest you give it a shot (it is definitely not just some clone), the game is really fun after level 11 or so and it definitely has unbelievable potential with some really interesting end game twists.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:08 am

Re: Allods Online Support?

First I've heard of it, so impossible to say for sure.

But, if you have access to the game, you can try running it and find out ;) -- use Add Game in the IS menu, try launching it through the IS menu, and if the game window comes up with the FPS indicator in the upper left (assuming you didnt disable it), then it will probably work just fine
<<

hephaestus

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:33 pm

Thanks for the tip. I tried to add Allods Online and it crashes when I attempt to launch it using Inner Space - that doesn't seem promising. I heard that gPotato uses some kind of anti-cheating/hacking software, perhaps that is the issue (if only I could pat it on the head and tell it I just want to play 3 or 4 accounts at a time and make them more money... not cheat)?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:36 am

You may need to switch to the Development build of IS -- right click on IS, select "Patcher" and check the "Download development (test) patches" box, then close and restart IS.

If their other games are any indication (specifically thinking of Rappelz), Allods Online probably uses GameGuard. It may or may not be fixed in the development build of IS :)
<<

hephaestus

Post Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:01 pm

Thank you again Iax, much closer tonight, with the development build. I can now actually get through to the log in screen if I ignore some of the error messages now, and the IS FPS frame shows up in the Allods Online window, but it freezes the screen at that point so I can't log in. I believe it is still detecting IS, since the name of the error that I get is RestrictProcessOwners-Error.
<<

Skarling

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:27 am

This is a very old thread, but I could not find anything more recent. Does anyone know if Allods Online can be boxed with ISboxer? I downloaded a game client and checked that there is indeed /follow and /assist fuctions in-game - so in theory it could work, but Allods is not listed in ISboxer's set-up wizard, so it may mean it is not possible to launch more than one instance of the game on one PC?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:26 am

Skarling wrote:This is a very old thread, but I could not find anything more recent. Does anyone know if Allods Online can be boxed with ISboxer? I downloaded a game client and checked that there is indeed /follow and /assist fuctions in-game - so in theory it could work, but Allods is not listed in ISboxer's set-up wizard, so it may mean it is not possible to launch more than one instance of the game on one PC?

As far as I know it works fine, just pick "Other" on the first page of the wizard, and use "Add Game" in the Inner Space menu to add it to pick the Game and Game Profile for your ISBoxer Characters
<<

Skarling

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:11 am

I managed to launch one game instance using "Other" (after adding game launcher's exe file to innerspace and selecting Allods/Allods default), and it shows innerspace's fps counter top left, but it does not respond to either mouse or keyboard commands, second game instance fails to launch though (I am testing with two slots)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:25 am

Okay. I'll take a look and see what I can do
<<

Skarling

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:45 am

Interestingly, while launched via Innerspace, any mouse clicks or keypresses are being ignored, but mouse wheel works (I can zoom in and out on my char, but its pretty much all I can do). Also, there are protect.exe and protect.dll in the game directory (in Bin subdirectory where executables are) - not sure what they do, but maybe they prevent second instance from being launched....

If it is impossible to fix, so be it - I am just trying to find some alternative boxable game for when I am tired of Lotro, now that Vanguard is being sunsetted. BTW Allods looks super great in stereo 3d too, even better than WoW and Lotro. Some say it is a decent game too, if you can live with f2p shop nuances.
Next

Return to Other