FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Entropia Universe or Planet Calypso

Moderator: MiRai

<<

seaqiro

Post Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:34 am

Entropia Universe or Planet Calypso

Hey guys,

is there any chance, Lax or fellow boxers, that we're able to multi this game. I've read the EULA and the dev post's and there is nothing against running more than one account from the same household and as my wife and I play this together constantly and aren't drawing any flags I'm assuming it is okay. Now is there a way to multi-box this game that anyone is aware of as I've done it with dual PCs, but finding a way to run both instances on the one PC would be far better and much more efficient

If anyone has tried or does this game can you please let me know how.

Sea.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:44 am

Re: Entropia Universe or Planet Calypso

ISBoxer was working with Entropia Universe last I checked (yes, on one PC). Give it a shot and let us know.
<<

seaqiro

Post Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:12 pm

Hey Lax,

The only way to run the game is via the client launcher and that won't allow you to run two clients or the game. I've tried the other .exe's in the folder but they have a window pop-up advising to run the client launcher. Any chance there is a config out there for it?
<<

seaqiro

Post Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:32 am

i'd love to give it a go, do you have any information about which file to use to launch it as I've tried all the .exe files and they all ask for the launcher to launch, then once the launcher is launched and then closed the launch game button is greyed out as there is already an instance running.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:34 am

seaqiro wrote:i'd love to give it a go, do you have any information about which file to use to launch it as I've tried all the .exe files and they all ask for the launcher to launch, then once the launcher is launched and then closed the launch game button is greyed out as there is already an instance running.

You should indeed be using the launcher. I will have to grab the game again and see what needs to be corrected
<<

seaqiro

Post Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:43 am

I know with a couple of the other games I multibox with I've had to shut down functions of the launcher ... namely Lotro iirc, and with AO you can bypass the launcher and hit the .exe and it'll make using hotkey viable ... but when i run the launcher for the first client and then shut the launcher down, as it was mentioned this may work from another post, and different game, ISBoxer won't restart the launcher, and if I do it manually to check the launch game button is greyed out. So there may be a work around or I'm doing something completely wrong.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:33 am

Okay I checked it out just now and confirmed that if you follow the correct launch process, launching multiple instances of Entropia Universe works fine.

I've updated http://isboxer.com/wiki/Quick_Start_Guide_41#For_a_game_requiring_a_launcher to include the following sentence, since it's not entirely obvious:
If the game launcher does not automatically close after launching the game client, you will need to manually shut down the game launcher, and then manually launch your Character Set again for ISBoxer to continue launching your team.

That is, it sounds like when you went to launch the second instance, you either launched the game without Inner Space, or with Inner Space but directly via the Game Profile (e.g. "Entropia Universe Default Profile") rather than with the ISBoxer launching options. Had you launched the second instance with one of the ISBoxer options, the client check in the Entropia launcher should already be handled as of many ISBoxer versions ago :)

However, once I got in the game client I couldn't type or click anything in the login screen, so I will have to update Inner Space to fix this bug. (But again, launching should work.)
<<

seaqiro

Post Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:11 pm

okay, thanks Lax I'll give that a go and look forward to a fix for the the login :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:05 pm

Update: Input seems fine actually. Turns out that the game does not adjust the resolution to the window size, so ISBoxer's scaling does not work correctly in Window mode. To work around this, set the game to Fullscreen mode -- click Tools, and in the Options tab under Graphics just uncheck "Window mode".

Let me know any other problems you run into :)
<<

Goo2

Post Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:39 am

Apologies for the necro but this is relevant. I just recently joined this isboxer and the game Entropia (month). Is there anyway for Follow and Assist in Entropia or am i missing a trick here because nothing i do seems make the follow and assist function work in EU ?

Would really appreciate any help with this.
Next

Return to Other