FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ArcheAge

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Prepared

Post Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:52 am

ArcheAge

Has anyone tried ISBoxer/InnerSpace with ArcheAge? ArcheAge is in alpha right now for US and there is no NDA. The game is being ported to English from Korean and no announcement for a release date yet but was wondering if InnerSpace could launch the game and if there are any restrictions. I asked a veteran of the game if it had a /follow command and the person said it did. It looks like a really good sandbox MMORPG.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:44 am

Re: ArcheAge

I'll know for sure once I have access to the game (maybe during beta, who knows) but for now I'll say that being ported by Trion is promising as far as ISBoxer and multiboxing are concerned.
<<

Skarling

Post Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:58 am

I dont think there is an "assist" function in game, and "follow" is only available via right-click menu. There are no macros in game either and slash commands appear to be limited to social functions (chat, invites etc.). All in all unfortunately this does not look like a boxable game to me...
<<

Prepared

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:23 am

Skarling wrote:I dont think there is an "assist" function in game, and "follow" is only available via right-click menu. There are no macros in game either and slash commands appear to be limited to social functions (chat, invites etc.). All in all unfortunately this does not look like a boxable game to me...

There is a follow keybind in game. And there is a /target command. The follow keybind will work for a party or raid. From an multiboxing standpoint, the game can be multiboxed, however there is one big problem. XLGames made the game which is Korean based. They use Hackshield (Korean based) that is launched when the game launches. Innerspace doesn't work with games that use Hackshield. It's a shame because the game looks great and has very nice game play.
<<

Prepared

Post Sat May 10, 2014 2:12 am

Trion Worlds has stated in a support ticket to them that there will not be any form of playing more than one account by the same person with ArcheAge. Anyone caught will be actioned from Alpha/Beta and Release. I went through three GMs and all of them stated the same thing that there will not be any multiboxing (or playing more than one account with or without software). Dialog in my ticket to them is in reverse order...

Thank you for contacting us regarding ArcheAge.

We apologize for any confusion caused by this issue. As we are currently in Alpha testing period, we are also developing our processes as well as developing our Code of Conduct for the game ArcheAge.

At this time, we have determined that multiboxing will not be allowed in ArcheAge. The article you linked did not specify any games, however, it was published during a time before ArcheAge was available. We have updated it to be RIFT-only at this time. We will also be posting articles regarding our stance on multiboxing in ArcheAge as soon as we can.

Due to these policies, we can provide refunds on your extra accounts for the purchases made for the sole purpose of multiboxing. We will be unable to provide a refund on your main account as the account is considered to be in use. Please respond back with the account you wish to retain the Founders Pack purchase, and I will be happy to assist with refunds on the other accounts.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing ArcheAge.

Your reference number for this ticket is xxxxx xxxxxxxx.

Sincerely,

Lead GM Zai
Customer Support Lead
Trion Worlds Inc.

Customer xxxxxxxxx via CSS Web 05/08/2014 11:48 PM
Further to my reply, here is a link from Trion Support clarifying the stance on playing more than one account:
https://support.trionworlds.com/app/ans ... lti-boxing

I want to be perfectly clear, are you stating that this does not apply to ArcheAge even though it's on your support page and it doesn't refer to any specific game?
Last edited by Prepared on Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

pox67

Post Sun May 11, 2014 5:14 pm

That doesn't surprise me at all. Trion seem to have limited control over the game and must ask XL Games to make the changes.

After playing the game for a while it seems to be nothing more than a honey pot gankfest.
All the great crafting, farming and questing systems in game are there only lure in players to provide an anti social minority with gank meat.
Computer:
Intel 3930K (6 core, 12 hyperthreaded), Asus P9X79 LE, 16GB Ram
2 x Sapphire 7970 Dual-X Boost in Crossfire.
2 x 27" 2560x1440 monitors.
<<

Prepared

Post Fri May 23, 2014 6:00 pm

Final clarification from Trion Worlds concerning multiboxing ArcheAge.

Response Senior GM Soulwalker via Email 05/23/2014 04:48 PM
Hello xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting us regarding ArcheAge.

We have re-evaluated our stance on multiboxing, and as long as you are not using any third party programs, and are using multiple computers, it is alright.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing ArcheAge.

Your reference number for this ticket is 140522-000831.

Sincerely,

Senior GM Soulwalker
Trion Worlds Inc.

Auto-Response 05/22/2014 11:53 AM
The following answers might help you:
Answer Link: ArcheAge Frequently Asked Questions
Answer Link: ArcheAge Patching Issues
Answer Link: Glyph Technical Troubleshooting
Answer Link: Sound Issues in ArcheAge
Answer Link: ArcheAge Uninstallation

Customer xxxxxx via CSS Web 05/22/2014 11:53 AM
In my last ticket it was clearly identified that no form of multiboxing was allowed in ArcheAge. Whether or not separate computers were used or not, the response I received was that it was not allowed. However, Trion Worlds is publicly stating on live stream that it is allowed provided the player uses separate computers and is in control of all of the accounts. This is the way I was playing ArcheAge. As stated in my ticket clearly, I stated that I wasn't bypassing Hackshield nor was I running more than one account on one computer. Yet you are telling the world that it is allowed and in my ticket to you, you're telling me that it's not allowed. I clearly stated in my ticket that I wasn't bypassing Hackshield, that I was using separate computers without any form of using software to control the characters. The response I received from three separate GMs of Trion Worlds was that this was not allowed. Here is the link to the live stream where it's stated from Trion Worlds that it is allowed http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/529118204
go to 48:40 in the recording where the question concerning multiboxing is addressed.
<<

cmoidudu

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:29 am

It sounds like multiboxing is allowed, as long as you play accounts separately, on different computers, with other persons :mrgreen:
<<

Antmanx2

Post Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:19 pm

I have not been able to get this to work with Archeage, anyone successful?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:25 pm

Antmanx2 wrote:I have not been able to get this to work with Archeage, anyone successful?

No. It's already been stated why Inner Space doesn't work with ArcheAge at this time (you even mentioned it in the other thread) -- Because of HackShield.
Next

Return to Other