FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Guild Wars

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Prepared

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:08 am

Re: Guild Wars

lax wrote:Unfortunately the Guild Wars input issue is not something I can quickly resolve, it will take some time.

On the plus side, it does look like the next-gen software will work with Guild Wars. I've been working hard getting the new software ready, so you can get a new trial to test GW when that's available

Did this ever get resolved? I was going to try it with the recent released copy of ISBoxer and Innerspace, but would like to know if anyone is aware that it will work or not.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:24 pm

I don't believe it's fixed yet, no. Sorry!
<<

Zeiram

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:04 pm

Has this issue been resolved yet? Thanks!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:17 pm

Looking into it, I might be able to take care of the problem this week
<<

Zeiram

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:19 pm

Thanks for the quick response. Please let me know if i can do anything to help.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:31 pm

The previously reported issues with Guild Wars appear to have been fixed, in build 5599 of Inner Space.

Build 5599 is currently the development build of Inner Space. To try it out, right click Inner Space in the system tray (notification area), select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.

Please let me know any issues you have. :)
<<

Prepared

Post Wed May 02, 2012 6:43 am

lax wrote:The previously reported issues with Guild Wars appear to have been fixed, in build 5599 of Inner Space.

Build 5599 is currently the development build of Inner Space. To try it out, right click Inner Space in the system tray (notification area), select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.

Please let me know any issues you have. :)

I patched both Inner Space and ISBoxer to the latest development releases and tried to set up Guild Wars. It will start the first copy fine with the correct window settings, but the second copy won't start. I did copy the Guild Wars folder to another path and set Inner Space to add them as games. Those games showed up in ISBoxer and assigned them to the characters which were assigned to the character set. I'm trying to start 4 copies on the same machine. All copies of the Guild Wars folders have full login rights under folder properties security. When the second copy is attempted, it takes about a minute or so and gives the following error message in a Guild Wars window:
Already running

Guild Wars is unable to start because another copy is already running on this computer. or because the application has insufficient rights to successfully detect whether another copy is already running on this computer.

I thought I read some where on the Internet that in order to run more than one copy of Guild Wars on the same computer that a registry entry had to be changed or added to allow it. Does ISBoxer handle setting this up or is this still needed?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed May 02, 2012 8:35 am

Thanks for following up on that, I was not handling sandboxing for Guild Wars 1. It does seem to be pretty much the same as Guild Wars 2 ;) ISBoxer 40.2.502.1 and Inner Space build 5600 (new development build) correct some issues (such as this one) with Guild Wars 1. All you should have to do to make it start working correctly with what you've already configured for GW1 is update both again (to these new builds), and do an Export to Inner Space.
<<

Prepared

Post Wed May 02, 2012 11:47 am

lax wrote:Thanks for following up on that, I was not handling sandboxing for Guild Wars 1. It does seem to be pretty much the same as Guild Wars 2 ;) ISBoxer 40.2.502.1 and Inner Space build 5600 (new development build) correct some issues (such as this one) with Guild Wars 1. All you should have to do to make it start working correctly with what you've already configured for GW1 is update both again (to these new builds), and do an Export to Inner Space.

Good job. It looks like the windows are starting up OK and the login information is stored within each folder so that works out fine. The only issue that I've seen with initial testing is that the mouse seems to be inverted or not working correctly in the second, third and fourth instances. The first instance mouse is fine and acts as it should. The game settings are the same within all of them and "invert mouse control of camera" is not checked in any of them.

UPDATE: The mouse issue looks like it was because I had "Instant Window Swapping" turned on which I wasn't using in the region settings. After rebooting and turning that off, the mouse and camera views is working fine in all of the windows as I want it to. Thanks lax for a quick turnaround on this.
<<

Prepared

Post Thu May 03, 2012 10:00 pm

Looks like it's no longer working with Guild Wars. There was a recent patch which updated the GW client and now when the second copy is started, the Guild Wars screen pops up that says it's unable to open the archive file and points to the original file instead of the copy. The game also doesn't store different account information for additional copies of the game like it had done prior to the recent patch. It's acting as if no matter where it's launched, it's using the gw.dat file from the original path instead of the copy now.
Previous

Return to Other