FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Final Fantasy XIV: ARR

Moderator: MiRai

<<

decadentia

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:36 pm

Final Fantasy XIV: ARR

Just wondering if ISboxer will be compatible with this revamped Final Fantasy?

Thanks.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR

The game doesn't even have a release date yet and the first phase of beta testing starts tomorrow. It's anyone's guess as to whether the game will be compatible or not.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:15 pm

An update to this...

Inner Space build 5790 is currently able to launch FFXIV beta, but without multiple beta accounts I am unable to test anything beyond launching the game and Window Layout usage. One thing to note, at the moment I'm unable to launch a third game instance and no error message is given as to why that might be. After hitting 'Play' on the launcher, the instance just does not appear in the Task Manager.

<<

decadentia

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:04 pm

Appreciate your reply, thank you.

Look forward to any updates.
<<

gnetcham

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:33 am

Iam lookin forward to this also been followin the game for a few years, the macro system in this game would be more then easy to get a party up and running , just going to take time to see if isboxer will be able to do it or not and also there stand point on boxing, I know ff 11 online had alot of guys dual boxing + to powerlevel and such hope they wont frown on us boxers in 14
<<

gnetcham

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:22 am

Just tried luanch the game via innerspace was able to get past login but it wiged out lol it made everything huge and couldnt click on anything lol, thats beta for yea heh I hope down the line isboxer will support ffxiv once it goes live =P
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:17 pm

gnetcham wrote:Just tried luanch the game via innerspace was able to get past login but it wiged out lol it made everything huge and couldnt click on anything lol, thats beta for yea heh I hope down the line isboxer will support ffxiv once it goes live =P

I did not experience this last week and I am not experiencing this today while launching the game profile (not a Character Set) using the same Inner Space build (5790).
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:50 pm

Sounds like a graphics setting to me. Windowed mode setting and resolution!
<<

gnetcham

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:56 pm

Running test build 5792 couldnt find out how to get 5790 lol , tired game via windowed/window boraderless and both are going crazy , tried it fullscreen mode and it runs fine, mouse turn speed is 1/100 the speed of normal it feels like, when i tried it out a few simple macros they were passing fine to the 1 window ie* press 9# when i hit 5 and such , mouse clicking ingame is a no go from what i can see cant click on menu or bars.

If i manage to get another beta key should be fun playin around with 2 clients or send it to lax =P

ps. windowed mode you cant get high res only like 1600x1200 or so, full screen you can get max.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:40 pm

gnetcham wrote:Running test build 5792 couldnt find out how to get 5790

I didn't realize there was an update because Inner Space hasn't been restarted in days while I've been getting ready for a new video series.

Alright, so it would seem that any display mode other than Fullscreen is not playing well at all, and both Windowed and Windowed (Borderless) end up looking like this on the title screen:

Don't let the FPS in the corner fool you, I was definitely getting no more than 2 (two) frames per second and I didn't even want to attempt to log into the game to see what happens. I do have SLI enabled at the moment so I'm not sure if that is conflicting in some way (FFXIV seems to like SLI when playing regular). I would disable it to check, but that requires me to shut down a bunch of things on the computer so that it can disable itself (and I don't want to do that at the moment). If it's crucial to Lax to know whether this is being caused by SLI or not, then I'll shut everything down and disable it, otherwise, I'm sure he'll have a beta key in due time and can test it himself. ;)
Next

Return to Other