FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

AC2 help/guide

Moderator: MiRai

<<

iboxisbox

Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:32 pm

AC2 help/guide

Got it to run and can broadcast but can't quite figure out how to correctly set key maps up so that I can select the main char as the one to follow, select nearest target, attack, etc.

Seen toons run around in a mob as well, instead of following each other. Would be nice, if somebody had some detail info on how to set things up, regarding control of the chars in game.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:58 pm

Re: AC2 help/guide

See MiRai's video on this wiki page for how to follow and assist from any window in most MMOs. There is a much condensed version here. While neither of those are specific to AC2, the video takes particular efforts to show how to do it in two different MMOs (EQ2 and LotRO) and what to look for in your MMO of choice. If you need additional help translating terminology or with concepts, just ask.

Seen toons run around in a mob as well, instead of following each other.
You may have seen someone who was automating gameplay. This is not possible with ISBoxer. You will only be able to keep a group together over short distances. Over long distances any initial differences will become magnified. For the overwhelming majority of the time you will need to use your game's follow system and have your alts follow your main.
<<

iboxisbox

Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:26 pm

Thx for the reply. The vid added some knowledge too.
So for now I can select my main and have the others follow. Also I can target the nearest mob and use the special attacks.
What I couldn't figure out yet is how to auto attack with the default key in AC2, which is ZIRKUMFLEX. I set it exactly like the others but the other toons won't attack. If I broadcast it, it works fine (naturally).
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:11 pm

iboxisbox wrote:What I couldn't figure out yet is how to auto attack with the default key in AC2, which is ZIRKUMFLEX. I set it exactly like the others but the other toons won't attack. If I broadcast it, it works fine (naturally).

I'm not sure what you mean by broadcast here. If you are talking about making a Mapped Key and sending ~ to all characters, then that is the "proper" way to do it. If you are talking about turning on broadcasting/repeater (either with Shift+Alt+R or by pressing the Click Bar) then that is not ideal.

If it is the latter case, use the Mapped Key Wizard to make a Mapped Key in the Combat Key Map that is a Straight Key Broadcast with a Target of Window: All w/ Current. That will mean that whenever you press ~ ISBoxer will send ~ to all your game windows.
<<

iboxisbox

Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:06 am

Alge wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by broadcast here. If you are talking about making a Mapped Key and sending ~ to all characters, then that is the "proper" way to do it. If you are talking about turning on broadcasting/repeater (either with Shift+Alt+R or by pressing the Click Bar) then that is not ideal.

You can set ISB to forward "Key Maps" and/or "Broadcast" (all keys) in game. I set up ZIRKUMFLEX as a Straight Key Broadcast in Key Maps just like the rest of my commands (which work) and it doesn't seem to forward it to the other toons. Broadcasting it works fine though. Tried using a different key (e.g. "T") and it works fine as a Straight Key Broadcast set in Key Maps.

Btw, mouse repeating seems to work well too.

Return to Other