FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Asheron's Call 2 DirectX Crash with latest dev build.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

xitan

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:54 pm

Re: Asheron's Call 2 DirectX Crash with latest dev build.

Hi zeragoth, where you able to get the AC2 clients to scale in size? I have not had any luck with the developer version, I get this directx error when the game tries to launch.

At the moment I run non-developer version, 3 AC2 profiles with "Force Windowed" checked for each in Inner Space. Each window is stacked on-top of each other since the scaling does not work as far as I can tell. Also the games are running at a smaller resolution (1600x1024) then maximum (1920x1080) because the resolution setting within the in-game menu is not large enough to view the 1920x1080 option.

Is there a way to force the in-game resolution to be higher? It seems odd that when I load up the clients without Inner Space that they show up at 1920x1080 and when running with Inner Space they show up as 1600x1024.
<<

zeragoth

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:26 pm

Re: Asheron's Call 2 DirectX Crash with latest dev build.

I sat here and wrote 3 different replies and realized that each one didnt make any sense whatsoever. So one more try.

IS seems to have some really odd effect on AC2. Its almost like AC2 is storing off a different resolution when you launch the game. When I finally got everything to work I had launched each of my AC2 clients individually (without IS) and set the resolution to full screen with my max res of 1680x1050. Once I launched IS everything was set appropriately and I was good to go.

I don't use the fancy view window options though. I am strictly set up to use one screen with no swap. I just alt-tab between sessions.

If you try what I did and get the same results as me great! If you still get the wierd size issue....

Look in the preferences.ini file in the ac2 folder and find the DisplayResolution= line
Make sure its DisplayResolution=125830200. That should set it to your current res.

The formula for that bizzare number is (screen_width * 65536) + screen_height.
Previous

Return to Other