FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Asherons Call 2 Logon Issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Nathanastack

Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:01 pm

Asherons Call 2 Logon Issue

Asherons call 2 is back, and I have been using IS to play with it.
I had to create 3 folders of the same game, and add each launcher.exe for each client to run correctly. However this launcher requires me to input my password, then on the next page select the server I want.
There is a shortcut to this that creates a shortcut.lnk file on my desktop that I would love to be able to use instead of the launcher.exe in the main folder pathway.

Below are the steps for creating the correct shortcut, and it will even insert the password for me, if this worked all I would have to do after clicking my character set from IS is to click next.
This would save me from typing in my password on all my accounts I play, and selecting the server.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Right click on your desktop shortcut, left click on properties and add the following after your path to the installation folder in the TARGET box (replace the red with your own info):
-Username YourUsernameHere -Password YourPasswordHere -DataCenter 0 -FauxDataCenter 0 -w Dawnsong -3
For example. the whole line will look something like this:
"C:\Games\Turbine\Asheron's Call 2\ac2launcher.exe" -Username YourUsernameHere -Password YourPasswordHere -DataCenter 0 -FauxDataCenter 0 -w Dawnsong -3
The nice thing is that if you have more than one account, you can create a shortcut to log you in for each account without having to remember multiple passwords.

CAUTION AND DISCLAIMER: Your account password will be readable by anyone that can access the computer and knows how to right click.
If you are concered about your account security then leave the -Password part out and you will be prompted for you password at each login.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<<

zeragoth

Post Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:23 am

Re: Asherons Call 2 Logon Issue

Dude, this is cool. I just tried this out and it works great.

Just run the "Add Game" option through the IS Console, select the aclauncher.exe as normal and throw your extra info in the parameters section.

*edit*
Actually strike that. Open up the Inner Space configuration. Load the profile under the Game Configuration menu and add the necessary lines to the Main executable parameters space.
<<

Nathanastack

Post Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:02 pm

Re: Asherons Call 2 Logon Issue

Awesome that worked thank you!

Return to Other