FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Earth And Beyond [Net-7] Need help getting this to work.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:12 pm

Re: Earth And Beyond [Net-7] Need help getting this to work.

myvodka wrote:Ill be damned. Looks like I can use this afterall. Unfortunate I couldnt get to work on my own. Look forward to directions.

The crash from your original post has to be solved with an Inner Space update (I got the same crash), so it is indeed unfortunate but you probably couldn't have gotten it to work. And if you did, Mouse Broadcasting would not align correctly without another fix in Inner Space. :)

So, still working on some minor things like that, but yeah, I will hook you up with fresh trial time and instructions on Monday!
<<

zeragoth

Post Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:01 pm

Any updates on this Lax? Im curious to see if I can get 6 stable connections running on the same box :D
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:42 pm

1. Update to Inner Space build 5759 or later, currently the development build of Inner Space. To try it out, right click IS, select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.
2. Select Add Game from the Inner Space menu, and give it a name
3. For the executable, point it at Net-7\bin\net7proxy.exe
4. In the Parameters box, put: /ADDRESS:74.208.192.215 /CLIENT:"c:\path\to\enb\client.exe" -- noting that what goes in the quotes for /CLIENT: is from your LaunchNet7's Client box, for example "E:\Games\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe"
5. Click OK

When the game has an update, you will want to separately run their launcher. Otherwise, you can launch the game with this new Game Profile, including via ISBoxer. Make sure you enable "Make game believe it is foreground window" in your Character Set, which will stop the game from ignoring buttons you broadcast. And you may need to tweak your Window Layout to match the game resolution.
<<

myvodka

Post Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:34 am

Very much appreciate the efforts made for an Emu game.

Ready to give this another shot, What should I do about a little extra trial time.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:10 am

myvodka wrote:Ready to give this another shot, What should I do about a little extra trial time.

You have extra time on your account already, just give it a shot now. ;)
<<

myvodka

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:00 am

Current build is 5761

For the executable, point it at Net-7\bin\net7proxy.exe

When I use this I get "Server failed to respond to login attempt"

I tried the other .exe "LaunchNet7.exe" which will start the launcher and once I hit play I get "Failed to execute '"path\Net-7\bin\launchNet7.exe" /address:74.208.192.215 /CLIENT:"path\release\client.exe"' . the process terminated unexpectedly."

4. In the Parameters box, put: /ADDRESS:74.208.192.215 /CLIENT:"c:\path\to\enb\client.exe" -- noting that what goes in the quotes for /CLIENT: is from your LaunchNet7's Client box, for example "E:\Games\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe"

My exact path is (F:\E&B\release\client.exe) Ive tried few times, double checking there is no typos.

I thought they were perfectly clear directions, so I missed something.

*Update* one other thing I wanted to ask: Do I need to set the client.exe to run in window mode or full screen? Since I have to use a EnB config program to set the .ini or whatever.
<<

zeragoth

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:09 pm

Im not sure what to tell you here as I have it working fine for a single client. The server has been down a couple of times as it got patched twice in the last 24 hours so make sure you launch the game the normal way and get the patches. This will also tell you for sure if the server is currently operational or if its down or starting.
<<

myvodka

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:07 pm

I have done a full reinstall, worked 1st try... I wonder how many buttons I pressed trying to get it work the very first time. But It did launch, time to mess around with more buttons heh.
<<

myvodka

Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:55 am

Everything is working great, I can run multi-screen, broadcast works perfect.

There is a small problem I face with crashes. If I try to log one character out and back in the client will crash. and if it crashes using the manual load for the specific character window, wont function. I dunno if thats how its supposed to work or not. As it stands if 1 client crashes I must reset everything to get back up. For any other reason, this problem is mostly minor, but sometimes can happen frequent enough to make me consider it a issue.

As for not using this program, the clients will crash, there are certain known things that can happen, and while they are smoothing things out... it still happens. I only hope that the manuel load windows is wroking and I am just doing it wrong.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:50 am

myvodka wrote:As for not using this program, the clients will crash, there are certain known things that can happen, and while they are smoothing things out... it still happens. I only hope that the manuel load windows is wroking and I am just doing it wrong.

I believe it is an issue with the Net7Proxy.exe; I noticed similar issues just trying to get 2 characters logged in at the same time on my first attempt. I don't know about it to say for sure, but short of helping them redesign their launcher or proxy, I don't think I am going to be able to solve this particular issue.

For now it may be something you have to deal with. You might be able to pick out the specific net7proxy.exe (that powered the instance) and terminate it to get just the right one launched, but this may be hard to do.
PreviousNext

Return to Other