FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Earth And Beyond [Net-7] Need help getting this to work.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

zeragoth

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:29 pm

Re: Earth And Beyond [Net-7] Need help getting this to work.

Hmm so I have been using the IS software just fine for the last 3 days or so but now when I enter my password and confirm the game just crashes. Game of course runs fine through the standard launcher.

I've rebooted and terminated any wierd clients but still can't get the thing to work. The nutty thing is that it was working just fine for 3 logins today. I had just logged off to transfer some items and then tried to log back in when it all went to hell.

Ill see what else I can do. I have a laptop ill check it out on there next.

*edit*

Laptop works just fine of course. Hrrrmmmm What the heck could be causing this?

2nd Edit

So installing the latest nvidia drivers seems to have driven the problem off for now. Wish I knew what happened to cause the issue in the first place.
<<

myvodka

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:01 pm

lax wrote:
myvodka wrote:As for not using this program, the clients will crash, there are certain known things that can happen, and while they are smoothing things out... it still happens. I only hope that the manuel load windows is wroking and I am just doing it wrong.

I believe it is an issue with the Net7Proxy.exe; I noticed similar issues just trying to get 2 characters logged in at the same time on my first attempt. I don't know about it to say for sure, but short of helping them redesign their launcher or proxy, I don't think I am going to be able to solve this particular issue.

For now it may be something you have to deal with. You might be able to pick out the specific net7proxy.exe (that powered the instance) and terminate it to get just the right one launched, but this may be hard to do.

Crashing aside, stability grows better each week. The bigger issue is reloading 3-6 clients... I am sure you have recived a "Earth and beyond is already running" message as Innerspace trys to launch the games. If I load 3 and the 4th gets that message it seems I must restart it all and try again.

(Is this correct?)

Im wondering if theres a way to get that client to reload, without starting everything over again. Even a way to manually load the windows would be great. Like if 1 gets error I can close error and let it try again. Just a side note if I dont use innerspace I can get 4 windows up.. after that its error everytime, Innerspace has been able to get me to 5 windows.. but never the full 6.. and the possibility of getting the 5 running will quickly fade away the more fail attempts I get.. after three trys its pretty much getting error every 2nd to 3rd window.

I tried: If 1 fails and I click on the load profile from innerspace again, it feels like its trying to complete the startup. but it wont reload the ones that recived the error "Earth and beyond is already running".

*I must have been extremely lucky my first few times doing it... I was able to load 5 after a try or three, but now I cant get past three windows.*

**Also it seems once one fails, the startup is canceled...**
<<

Decka66

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:18 pm

The issue that zeragoth described above has been the same issue I've had since I started trying to load EnB through Inner Space. The game window loads normally and I get to the login screen, as soon as I enter my details the chick starts talking and just when the characters would load the game crashes with no warning (the first few times I did get a warning that the main processes terminated unexpectedly). I can only get to the character screen if I use the normal Net-7 launcher without inner space.

I've tried fiddling with all of the Inner Space settings as well as different resolutions and graphics options for EnB.

I also updated to the latest 314.07 drivers but the issue persisted. I'm using a GTX480.
<<

myvodka

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:25 am

Decka66 wrote:The issue that zeragoth described above has been the same issue I've had since I started trying to load EnB through Inner Space. The game window loads normally and I get to the login screen, as soon as I enter my details the chick starts talking and just when the characters would load the game crashes with no warning (the first few times I did get a warning that the main processes terminated unexpectedly). I can only get to the character screen if I use the normal Net-7 launcher without inner space.

I've tried fiddling with all of the Inner Space settings as well as different resolutions and graphics options for EnB.

I also updated to the latest 314.07 drivers but the issue persisted. I'm using a GTX480.

This is not an innerspace problem, this is a EnB Problem. Theres a large post about it on the Net-7 forums. I get the error more while using Innerspace then normal but its a very easy fix in my case.

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\Data\client\mixfiles\
Delete all the .th6 files and start the game. They kinda recommend you do that after each patch anyways. This will damage nothing in your game, the files are replaced on next login.

And if this didnt fix your problem, I suggest searching the net 7 forums for login crashes.
Previous

Return to Other