FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Unable to Launch Vanguard

Moderator: MiRai

<<

GrizzlyCL

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:52 pm

Unable to Launch Vanguard

I'm unable to launch Vanguard through innerspace. I've directed innerspace to the LaunchPad and it would bring up the black SOE starting screen that comes before the launchpad and just get stuck there. I've also tried having innerspace launch from the .exe file and it brings up what would be the character select screen but be unable to connect to the game. I've tried using the UIloginHistory file as a virtual file and mapping it to the character set and I get the same results. I am able to multi box in eve and in eq1 with no problems. I'm not sure what the issue is. I havent made any set ups this is just trying to launch vangaurd from innerspace. I do have two hard drives, the eq and eve are on the ssd and vanguard is on the hd. Innerspace is not on the SSD. Dunno if that matters or not. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Grizzly
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:27 pm

Re: Unable to Launch Vanguard

I can confirm that Vanguard currently works through Innerspace (build 5753). If Vanguard is installed in Program Files I'd suggest moving it to something like C:\Vanguard. Make sure you update your Inner Space Vanguard profile to point it at the new location. The correct file to launch is LaunchPad.exe.
<<

GrizzlyCL

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:41 am

I moved the Vanguard folder like you said but still no luck. Just opens the SOE load screen that comes before the Launchpad. When I hover over the icon for the SOE load screen on the taskbar it shows a blank vanguard window as well in the small preview window that pops up. Not sure if that matters though.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:56 am

Can you confirm that you are able to launch the launchpad normally?
<<

GrizzlyCL

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:24 am

Yes I can run the launch pad and vanguard normally.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:42 am

I've directed innerspace to the LaunchPad and it would bring up the black SOE starting screen that comes before the launchpad and just get stuck there.

ISBoxer has a tool to help diagnose freezes. In the Help menu select "Diagnostics for game freezes", get diagnostics from the frozen launchpad, and email to me at lax@lavishsoft.com
<<

GrizzlyCL

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:41 am

Thanks for the support Lax. I must have installed SpeedBit Video Accelerator a while ago and didnt realize it still had files in the registry. I used ReVo uninstaller to remove them ( had to reinstall sva). IS Boxer works great again.

Thanks,

GrizzlyCL

Return to Other